ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   Could anyone recommend anime? :o (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/120694-could-anyone-recommend-anime-o.html)

Yumidesu 01-29-2013 03:37 AM

Could anyone recommend anime? :o

Um, I'm not really picky. What I've watched so far that I can remember is:

Detective Conan, Bleach, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, and Disgaea. I really enjoyed those. Recently, I've watched Ao no Exorcist and Deadman Wonderland.

Deadman Wonderland was really good, but it was pretty creepy to me. xD Scared me a lot at quite a few parts. But uh, anyways, I've barely watched any anime really and I'd love to watch more. I'm a pretty big fan of fantasy-type anime.

Things like Naruto and Bleach and Ao no Exorcist. Things that would never, ever happen in the real world. That kind of stuff. But, like I said, not picky.

Thanks for any help. ^^

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've also watched Shakugan no Shana and really liked it as well.

Kisaragi 01-29-2013 03:58 AM

Try RahXephon and Vision of Escaflowne. Its old, but its good. Fantasy, too.

Almora 01-29-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumidesu (Post 1802042)
I'm a pretty big fan of fantasy-type anime.

Fantasy anime I like & recommend:
  • Sailor Moon series
  • Tsubasa Chronicle series
  • Magi (still airing)
  • D.N. Angel
  • Guin Saga
  • Kannagi crazy shrine maidens
  • Koukaku no regios
  • Kemono no souja erin
  • Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha series
  • Mai-hime series
  • Otome youkai zakuro
  • Seiken no Blacksmith
  • Senjou no Valkyria
  • Shinkyoku soukai polyphonica series
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Tears to Tiara
  • To Aru Majustu Index & Railgun
  • Sousei no Aquarion
  • Fate series

That's all I can think of atm, might add some more later. Series means it has more than 1 season c:

Andreskun 01-29-2013 02:34 PM

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic by CLAMP. Is a 'cheesy' love story with comedy and battles...and later it becomes sad and gore-ish :P
Both stories are connected, it's cool. Both endings made me cry :c

Also Chibi Vampire (The anime is screwed, I would recommend manga instead here...) It's about a girl with a vampire family, but she is half vampire and half human. It has some ecchi, I hope you don't mind c:

And Mirai Nikki, about a boy with a cellphone that predicts future ^^.

Pshfrk 01-30-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andreskun (Post 1802135)
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic by CLAMP. Is a 'cheesy' love story with comedy and battles...and later it becomes sad and gore-ish :P
Both stories are connected, it's cool. Both endings made me cry :c

What ? ! WHAT ? !

- Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
- Card Captor Sakura
- Kuroshitsuji
- Pandora Hearts

Those are fantasy-ish ? :c

LiLMewmew 01-30-2013 02:07 PM

Pretty Cure series. lol.

Almora 01-30-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pshfrk (Post 1802371)
What ? ! WHAT ? !
:c

Nyahahaha ur reaction l0l.

But honestly back in my CLAMP era, Syaoran & Sakura romance wasn't memorable/impactful enough for me compared to the camaraderie between Fai & Kurogane. That was some good stuff along with the gore ofc in the OVAS. I enjoyed broken boned sakura crawling on da ground and eye eating evil syaoran yummm ;_;

Metty 01-30-2013 07:12 PM

Spoiler!

CrunchyRoll 01-30-2013 08:17 PM

Gintama :)

Gaap 01-31-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLMewmew (Post 1802389)
Pretty Cure series. lol.

I am a scared chicken to make a thread about it lawl. But if you can enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, then PreCure seasons/franchise can be enjoyable too... Despite the weird hair styles for the newer seasons.

I'm a magical heroine fan (though afraid to return to Sailor Moon until I see the rebooted version).... But be careful when mixing traditional heroine anime (PreCure) to Puella Magi.

A ton of PreCure fans suggested Heartcatch PreCure as a newbie starter, and I admit that the Erika Kurumi expressions are hilarious as icons! Smile PreCure's season had finished last week... And man I will miss getting the merchendise at Marukai Market once they have stock up on Doki Doki PreCure stuff.

Aside from ANYTHING MAGICAL GIRL related (and peeps do not get me started on Nanoha), Magi was a good choice as well. Fantasy-adventure and such~ (And I want to joke myself that this can qualify for a "mahou shounen" series, ahaha!)

Others I can list based on what I watched in the past:
  • .hack//Sign (or any other season, but this one is nostalgic)
  • Ben-To (fanservice warning)
  • Chrono Crusade (I should probably re-watch it)
  • D.Gray-Man
  • Dog Days (both S1 and S2, fanservice warning)
  • Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (fanservice/adult gags warning)
  • Rozen Maiden

...Or... Check my MAL. lol~