Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-13-2013   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage
Default Vividred Operation

Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Aired: Jan 11, 2013 to ?
Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Aniplex of AmericaL
Genres: Action, Sci-Fi

Quote:
An original sci-fi action anime featuring a 14-year-old girl. The story takes place in a peaceful island filled with nature and technology.

Okay so I just now watched episode 1 of this show. Gonna go ahead and say that it had more action and underage ass closeups than I know what to do with. On top of that, original concept design is done by one of my favorite artists, redjuice. Same guy who drew the original concepts for Guilty Crown. The show itself was definitely worth a watch, at least the first episode. Hope it maintains this same level of enthusiasm.

Thoughts?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-16-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

As long as the story doesn't become tryhard serious like Guilty Crown, it'll be at least decent as a guilty pleasure fanservice show like Strike Witches.

I have no hopes that the story will be actually compelling.

01-17-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

01-17-2013   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Hey look, someone put Nanoha and GaoGaiGar together!

01-17-2013   #5 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
That fusion looks like one of them CosmicBreak moebots.

01-17-2013   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

Jesussssssssss. I just now watched episode 2. This is some gypsy magic. I guess when grandpa says docking, he means something entirely different from what I expected. Glad I didn't watch that video you posted or my terrifying surprise would have been ruined. I'm not too into the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP that this show is pushing but the animation is still really good. The jealous artist in me can't stop watching. Plus it's really not that bad orz.

01-18-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
Plus it's really not that bad orz.
Aoi refused to powerup and save countless lives because of a tomato.

If you haven't noticed already from Guilty Crown, Yoshino is incapable of directing a well-written story. The saving grace is that this time, the story isn't trying to be as dramatic or serious, so it's easier to turn off your brain and enjoy the asses animation.

01-18-2013   #8 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Aoi refused to powerup and save countless lives because of a tomato.

If you haven't noticed already from Guilty Crown, Yoshino is incapable of directing a well-written story. The saving grace is that this time, the story isn't trying to be as dramatic or serious, so it's easier to turn off your brain and enjoy the asses animation.
I mean keep in mind, they have the sense and intellect of 14 year old girls.

01-19-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
I mean keep in mind, they have the sense and intellect of 14 year old girls.
Fine, if you want to use that excuse, let's look at other holes not involving their immaturity.

How about "it may be hard to be believe but these girls are the only ones who can stop the Alone"? The premise is as flimsy as Guilty Crown's where only teenagers have Voids.

Face it, the story can't be taken seriously, and at least with the nice henshin sequences it doesn't have to be taken seriously to do well.

01-19-2013   #10 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Fine, if you want to use that excuse, let's look at other holes not involving their immaturity.

How about "it may be hard to be believe but these girls are the only ones who can stop the Alone"? The premise is as flimsy as Guilty Crown's where only teenagers have Voids.

Face it, the story can't be taken seriously, and at least with the nice henshin sequences it doesn't have to be taken seriously to do well.
Of course it can't be taken seriously. They're living in a world with a perpetual energy machine, only ONE flying bicycle, and where a man who is a SCIENTIST gets his mind transferred over to a stuffed otter, and has his granddaughters just put his body in the fridge because he'll go back to it later.

01-20-2013   #11 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

****ing tomatoes.... they even ruin even plot.

I love their transformation scenes, though reminds me a lot of Megaman NT when they combine.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

01-24-2013   #12 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Booty shorts are the school uniform. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ass and action. Not gonna bother trying to make sense of it anymore.

03-25-2013   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

ArchMeister is on a distinguished road

I was enjoying the first few episodes but then too much fan service started to annoy me.. I liked the concept but not the loli part and excessive fan service. I could've dismissed it if only the plot had some kickass development. hehe..