Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-30-2012   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default ggFTW Anime Club December Anime Discussion Thread

Our anime for the month of December is:

Summer Wars
Feel free to click the title for information!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-30-2012   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

THIS ANIME MADE ME PLAY HANAFUDA.
iT WAS AWESOME.

12-01-2012   #3 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert

I actually played hanafuda because of this too. It's interesting, to say the least. I also noticed that there's a manga for this, I'm going to have to give that a read-through sometime.

Anyway, I think the film has a pretty nice concept. Living in a world where basically everything electronic is run through the same system, which is hailed for its outstanding security. It's a bit of a far-fetched thought, but definitely interesting. I'll talk more about it later, gotta get to work.

12-01-2012   #4 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Don't think I'm in any club or anything but will still respond.

Saw this movie like 3 years ago, it was amazing. Funny thing is, I heard of it on this site. I had such a blast of nostglia while watching it too, reminds me so much of the Digimon movie, Bokuwa no War Game. Extremely similar plot and ending, though to be expected, same creators.

Also, did you know Clazziquai did the PV song for the anime?

Was so happy when I saw the PV, even after I had saw the anime. (Was playing DJ MAX Clazziquai at the time, lol.)

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

12-01-2012   #5 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Oh my god, this movie was one of the best I had seen in a while. I found it randomly on recommendations on Anime Planet.

It reminded me a lot of the first Digimon movie that came out here in the US, and I even got my parents to watch it!

I just wonder how long it will be till we get games like this or .hack// or even SAO :P

12-02-2012   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Don't think I'm in any club or anything but will still respond.

Saw this movie like 3 years ago, it was amazing. Funny thing is, I heard of it on this site. I had such a blast of nostglia while watching it too, reminds me so much of the Digimon movie, Bokuwa no War Game. Extremely similar plot and ending, though to be expected, same creators.

Also, did you know Clazziquai did the PV song for the anime?

Was so happy when I saw the PV, even after I had saw the anime. (Was playing DJ MAX Clazziquai at the time, lol.)
Nah, as long as you post in the anime section you're automatically considered as a member of the ggFTW anime club. It's sort of like a reward for your activity, and will include some anime-related events as well.

Yeah, I watched the film for the first time about 2 years ago, and really enjoyed it. Think I heard about it here too. I haven't watched that Digimon film so I didn't really get nostalgia'd like you though.

Also, I had no idea about Clazziquai doing the PV music. That's pretty dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
Oh my god, this movie was one of the best I had seen in a while. I found it randomly on recommendations on Anime Planet.

It reminded me a lot of the first Digimon movie that came out here in the US, and I even got my parents to watch it!

I just wonder how long it will be till we get games like this or .hack// or even SAO :P
I think we're probably a lot closer to games like Oz than we are to .hack// or SAO LOL. Seeing as Oz didn't actually have any neural connectors, it's definitely a much more likely system to be developed in the near future. Let's just pray that the government doesn't try to run it's infrastructure through it.

12-02-2012   #7 (permalink)
aeiou
Special
Games
La TaleVindictusShattered GalaxyRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

xdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to xdgr
IGN: xdgr
Class: dubbls lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Puella Magi

I want an imouto

as the only person in here to say I have not seen this yet, I can tell that the animation is so similar to toki wo kakeru shoujo... but is the MC just as insufferable as makoto? I can't stand characters like that.

will give it a try anyway, for sake of imoutos ..

12-02-2012   #8 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdgr
I want an imouto

as the only person in here to say I have not seen this yet, I can tell that the animation is so similar to toki wo kakeru shoujo... but is the MC just as insufferable as makoto? I can't stand characters like that.

will give it a try anyway, for sake of imoutos ..
I'd like to think that he's not that bad. He's more of the genius with no common sense type of character. That'd how I'd classify him anyway.

12-03-2012   #9 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering Eye

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

Spending 1/20 of my bandwidth usage on this is totally worth it!

To be honest, the start of the movie was a little slow for me but then I end up spending the last 30mins of the movie wiping tears off my face. I DIDN’T EXPECT IT TO BE THIS GOOD OK?!
I also couldn’t stop smiling at the end of/after the movie (wth is wrong with me)

For those who had seen The girl who leapt through time… If I rate that one 7.2, I would rate this 8.5 since I don’t think I gotten this emotional watching it compare to when I was watching this.

12-04-2012   #10 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

Sounds like a pretty good anime. I guess I'll try watching it when I have time or during my vacation in the hotel before sleeping. xD

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

12-04-2012   #11 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper
Sounds like a pretty good anime. I guess I'll try watching it when I have time or during my vacation in the hotel before sleeping. xD
Yeah it's definitely a good watch. Not just my opinion, Minty was really really into it last night when she was watching.

12-04-2012   #12 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

So I've been told. She probably would have spammed me on Skype about it lols.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

12-04-2012   #13 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute

^Yesss but you loser wasn't on skype.

Honestly...I really like it. There are many things that doesn't quite make sense in the movie but since I am not a tech freak, it doesn't bother me too much.

12-04-2012   #14 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Just sat down and watched it again, still love this film. The animation's interesting, they've got subtle running gags. LET ME DO MATH AND SAVE THE WORLD. Stay in school kids.

12-04-2012   #15 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Techer | Force | Bouncer | Fighter 75 lu_eir

Oh yay, summer wars discussion!

I loved the part near the ending where the virus got punched in the face. "DON'T YOU F*CKING DARE!!!"

Also during the hanafuda match, when everyone rallied to give her their accounts. I SHED TEARS

12-04-2012   #16 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
Oh yay, summer wars discussion!

I loved the part near the ending where the virus got punched in the face. "DON'T YOU F*CKING DARE!!!"

Also during the hanafuda match, when everyone rallied to give her their accounts. I SHED TEARS
also when the movie makes you realize "Oh my god Wabisuke actually loves grandma" ;; HE JUST WANTED TO DO RIGHT BY ALL YOU GUYS, HE'S SORRY ;;

12-04-2012   #17 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games

OMG I WASN'T SURE IF I SHOULD POST ANY THING THAT MIGHT SPOIL FOR PEOPLE BUT YESS....THAT PART KOKO MENTIONED...HOLY CRAP I WAS LIKE )(@!^&!()@^&)!(@^&)!(@^&)!(@^&)( ./cry.

12-04-2012   #18 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195

just watched it again since the first time i did was on my crap computer and all the colorful parts were messed up qq

still such a great movie <3 but i will never understand why king kazuma grey blond hair for his second fight with love machine xD

the part where everyone rallied together is great too, BUT NOT GONNA MAKE ME SHED MANRY TEARS!!

id totally watch it a third time x]

12-04-2012   #19 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games

I can't believe you didn't cry. Lets watch it again together and I'll make you cry 8D

12-05-2012   #20 (permalink)
Special
Games

Can't believe you guys watched it so many times and I haven't even found the time to watch it yet. .__.