ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   ggFTW Anime Club December Anime Discussion Thread (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/119131-ggftw-anime-club-december-anime-discussion-thread.html)

Harlequin 11-30-2012 09:19 PM

ggFTW Anime Club December Anime Discussion Thread
 
http://asset.100.ggftw.net/gallery/i...imeclub03-.jpg

Our anime for the month of December is:

http://asset.100.ggftw.net/gallery/i...dited_copy.png

Summer Wars
Feel free to click the title for information!

Nihil679 11-30-2012 11:25 PM

THIS ANIME MADE ME PLAY HANAFUDA.
iT WAS AWESOME.

Harlequin 12-01-2012 01:11 PM

I actually played hanafuda because of this too. It's interesting, to say the least. I also noticed that there's a manga for this, I'm going to have to give that a read-through sometime.

Anyway, I think the film has a pretty nice concept. Living in a world where basically everything electronic is run through the same system, which is hailed for its outstanding security. It's a bit of a far-fetched thought, but definitely interesting. I'll talk more about it later, gotta get to work.

Paul 12-01-2012 01:31 PM

Don't think I'm in any club or anything but will still respond.

Saw this movie like 3 years ago, it was amazing. Funny thing is, I heard of it on this site. I had such a blast of nostglia while watching it too, reminds me so much of the Digimon movie, Bokuwa no War Game. Extremely similar plot and ending, though to be expected, same creators.

Also, did you know Clazziquai did the PV song for the anime?

Was so happy when I saw the PV, even after I had saw the anime. (Was playing DJ MAX Clazziquai at the time, lol.)

Mega 12-01-2012 10:13 PM

Oh my god, this movie was one of the best I had seen in a while. I found it randomly on recommendations on Anime Planet.

It reminded me a lot of the first Digimon movie that came out here in the US, and I even got my parents to watch it!

I just wonder how long it will be till we get games like this or .hack// or even SAO :P

Harlequin 12-02-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 1787419)
Don't think I'm in any club or anything but will still respond.

Saw this movie like 3 years ago, it was amazing. Funny thing is, I heard of it on this site. I had such a blast of nostglia while watching it too, reminds me so much of the Digimon movie, Bokuwa no War Game. Extremely similar plot and ending, though to be expected, same creators.

Also, did you know Clazziquai did the PV song for the anime?

Was so happy when I saw the PV, even after I had saw the anime. (Was playing DJ MAX Clazziquai at the time, lol.)

Nah, as long as you post in the anime section you're automatically considered as a member of the ggFTW anime club. It's sort of like a reward for your activity, and will include some anime-related events as well.

Yeah, I watched the film for the first time about 2 years ago, and really enjoyed it. Think I heard about it here too. I haven't watched that Digimon film so I didn't really get nostalgia'd like you though.

Also, I had no idea about Clazziquai doing the PV music. That's pretty dope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega (Post 1787515)
Oh my god, this movie was one of the best I had seen in a while. I found it randomly on recommendations on Anime Planet.

It reminded me a lot of the first Digimon movie that came out here in the US, and I even got my parents to watch it!

I just wonder how long it will be till we get games like this or .hack// or even SAO :P

I think we're probably a lot closer to games like Oz than we are to .hack// or SAO LOL. Seeing as Oz didn't actually have any neural connectors, it's definitely a much more likely system to be developed in the near future. Let's just pray that the government doesn't try to run it's infrastructure through it.

xdgr 12-02-2012 01:22 PM

I want an imouto

as the only person in here to say I have not seen this yet, I can tell that the animation is so similar to toki wo kakeru shoujo... but is the MC just as insufferable as makoto? I can't stand characters like that.

will give it a try anyway, for sake of imoutos ..

Harlequin 12-02-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdgr (Post 1787619)
I want an imouto

as the only person in here to say I have not seen this yet, I can tell that the animation is so similar to toki wo kakeru shoujo... but is the MC just as insufferable as makoto? I can't stand characters like that.

will give it a try anyway, for sake of imoutos ..

I'd like to think that he's not that bad. He's more of the genius with no common sense type of character. That'd how I'd classify him anyway.

MintyVampire 12-03-2012 11:55 PM

Spending 1/20 of my bandwidth usage on this is totally worth it!

To be honest, the start of the movie was a little slow for me but then I end up spending the last 30mins of the movie wiping tears off my face. I DIDN’T EXPECT IT TO BE THIS GOOD OK?!
I also couldn’t stop smiling at the end of/after the movie (wth is wrong with me)

For those who had seen The girl who leapt through time… If I rate that one 7.2, I would rate this 8.5 since I don’t think I gotten this emotional watching it compare to when I was watching this.

Esper 12-04-2012 12:03 AM

Sounds like a pretty good anime. I guess I'll try watching it when I have time or during my vacation in the hotel before sleeping. xD

Harlequin 12-04-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esper (Post 1788075)
Sounds like a pretty good anime. I guess I'll try watching it when I have time or during my vacation in the hotel before sleeping. xD

Yeah it's definitely a good watch. Not just my opinion, Minty was really really into it last night when she was watching.

Esper 12-04-2012 11:12 AM

So I've been told. She probably would have spammed me on Skype about it lols.

MintyVampire 12-04-2012 12:43 PM

^Yesss but you loser wasn't on skype.

Honestly...I really like it. There are many things that doesn't quite make sense in the movie but since I am not a tech freak, it doesn't bother me too much.

Harlequin 12-04-2012 06:06 PM

Just sat down and watched it again, still love this film. The animation's interesting, they've got subtle running gags. LET ME DO MATH AND SAVE THE WORLD. Stay in school kids.

Kotarou 12-04-2012 08:42 PM

Oh yay, summer wars discussion!

I loved the part near the ending where the virus got punched in the face. "DON'T YOU F*CKING DARE!!!"

Also during the hanafuda match, when everyone rallied to give her their accounts. I SHED TEARS

Harlequin 12-04-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotarou (Post 1788309)
Oh yay, summer wars discussion!

I loved the part near the ending where the virus got punched in the face. "DON'T YOU F*CKING DARE!!!"

Also during the hanafuda match, when everyone rallied to give her their accounts. I SHED TEARS

also when the movie makes you realize "Oh my god Wabisuke actually loves grandma" ;; HE JUST WANTED TO DO RIGHT BY ALL YOU GUYS, HE'S SORRY ;;

MintyVampire 12-04-2012 09:42 PM

OMG I WASN'T SURE IF I SHOULD POST ANY THING THAT MIGHT SPOIL FOR PEOPLE BUT YESS....THAT PART KOKO MENTIONED...HOLY CRAP I WAS LIKE )(@!^&!()@^&)!(@^&)!(@^&)!(@^&)( ./cry.

BoredomKillz 12-04-2012 11:23 PM

just watched it again since the first time i did was on my crap computer and all the colorful parts were messed up qq

still such a great movie <3 but i will never understand why king kazuma grey blond hair for his second fight with love machine xD

the part where everyone rallied together is great too, BUT NOT GONNA MAKE ME SHED MANRY TEARS!!

id totally watch it a third time x]

MintyVampire 12-04-2012 11:59 PM

I can\'t believe you didn\'t cry. Lets watch it again together and I\'ll make you cry 8D

Esper 12-05-2012 12:01 AM

Can\'t believe you guys watched it so many times and I haven\'t even found the time to watch it yet. .__.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.