Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-07-2012   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage
Default Magi

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Oct 7, 2012 to ?
Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Shounen

Quote:
This story is about the flow of fate and the battle to keep the world on the right path. Aladdin is a boy who has set out to explore the world after being trapped in a room for most of his life. His best friend is a flute with a djinn in it named Ugo. Soon enough, Aladdin discovers he is a Magi, a magician who chooses kings, and he was born to choose kings who will follow the righteous path, battling against those who want to destroy fate. Follow his adventures as he meets others from 1000 Arabian Nights, like Ali Baba and Sinbad, and fights to keep the balance of world in check!

Just finished watching episode 1 of this anime, and I couldn't help but fall in love with it. The animation director for this show is the same as for The iDOLM@STER, so don't be surprised that the character designs look similar. The show was really funny, and the characters were really likable. I'm definitely looking forward to episode 2.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-07-2012   #2 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

watched the first episode and laughed at the moobs xD looking forward to this show /o/

10-07-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

The episode was a lot of fun, I'm really liking the setting and the concept of dungeons. The characters are likeable and I heard the manga is great. Looking forward to next week.

10-07-2012   #4 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

I was actually looking at Akai Toshifumi when I said that. He's Chief Animation Director for this show, and covered a number of different animation jobs on The iDOLM@STER. He must have taken some influence from the character designer for iDOLM@STER, Nishigori Atsushi, because the character design is crazy similar.

http://myanimelist.net/people/15949/Akai_Toshifumi

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=14395

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=12436

10-07-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

Oh, I edited it.

I thought you referred to the 'Chief Animation Director' instead of just 'Animation Director' and I somehow just forgot a number of jobs Akai did in Im@s. Yeah, he definitely took some influence from Nishigori, hell, he even did an Im@s doujin. Welp, a bit of misunderstanding I guess.

Last edited by Eden; 10-07-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: This post is a mess

10-07-2012   #6 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

I love love love this one. First episode was awesome and funny. Aladdin & his motor boating is priceless. Looking forward to next week!

10-07-2012   #7 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

I am watching for sure. I can make yaoi between Aladdin and Alibaba
Definitely an enjoyable anime for the genre of fantasy and magic :>

10-12-2012   #8 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Holy balls, this has a really nice feel. Unique setting, pleasing designs, mellow humor. It just seems to have a nice flow.

10-13-2012   #9 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Event WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

My friend made me watch this last night and it was really good. Love the characters and setting so far! :3 Will definitely keep watching~

10-14-2012   #10 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute

I like how I am suddenly reminded of Yu-Gi-Oh!'s ancient millenium items lol. I didn't notice it last week, but all of the other yet to be revealed characters have one of those golden treasures in the OP.

Spoiler!

10-18-2012   #11 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Watched the first episode at Anime Club (before the next two days it was claimed by Aniplex USA) and fell in love with it. What's more scary is that the original manga adaptation goes for 14X chapters and on-going so far. =o=;; SOOO behind....

I lurk that the pacing of the anime had a bit of changes compare to the original manga chapters.

Spoiler!

10-21-2012   #12 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Episode 3 is out and subbed. Pretty dramatic episode, definitely looking forward to more.

10-21-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Summerishere will become famous soon enough

will try this one.. feed backs later

10-21-2012   #14 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Morgiana classy as ****, idol right here LOOOL.

Spoiler!

10-24-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Summerishere will become famous soon enough

already watched this and it's really really cool..
can't wait for the next episode, new adventure awaits

10-29-2012   #16 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

lol

Spoiler!

10-29-2012   #17 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195

Spoiler!

want next episode now ;-;

10-29-2012   #18 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50

I'm resisting the urge to read the first few chapters again. Just to kill the suspense.

--Frenchbread is

10-29-2012   #19 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Spoiler!

Aside that this is an Aladian spotlight, it was funny to see that chubby guy praising Alibaba like that... Felt weird to my jeebies. And Mor!!! I have not read the manga, so my hopes for these two to set on a journey TOGETHER to find Aladdin. Double-whammies, right?

11-05-2012   #20 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

5. Good episode.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Almora; 11-05-2012 at 01:55 PM.