ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   Zetsuen no Tempest (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/117709-zetsuen-no-tempest.html)

Harlequin 10-04-2012 05:26 PM

Zetsuen no Tempest

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Oct 5, 2012 to ?
Producers: Bones
Genres: Action, Mystery, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen, Psychological

Quote:

The story revolves around Mahiro Fuwa, a teenager whose family was mysteriously murdered one year before and his friend Yoshino Takigawa. Mahiro is contacted by Hakase Kusaribe, the leader of the Kusaribe clan who was left stranded on an unknown desert island by her followers, and agrees to help Hakase in exchange of her help to find out the culprit for the death of his family. Upon learining of his friend's intentions, Yoshino joins him on his quest to stand against the Kusaribe clan who intends to awake the "Tree of Zetsuen" whose power can bring ruin to the entire world.

Several dialogues and plot elements in Zetsuen no Tempest pay homage to the works of William Shakespeare.

Started airing today on ViZ website. Not sure how I feel about this yet. Everything seems OKAY at best. The dialogue is mediocre, with a lean towards ****ing awful. At one point the guy says something along the lines of, "I don't know why I believe this, but I do!" That's the writers' way of saying, "We need to advance the plot but I don't really know how?!"

Maybe it'll get better next episode though. The premise is interesting enough.

Sanichi 10-05-2012 07:33 AM

The plots interesting enough in the manga, but, I feel the could have waited longer for this.

Almora 12-13-2012 04:28 PM

It just keeps getting weirder and weirder :|

BoredomKillz 12-13-2012 05:12 PM

saw episode 11 /o/

what are the chances that aika was the mage of exodus and she killed herself? i think its kinda high but who knows!? /shot

Metty 12-13-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 1790496)
saw episode 11 /o/

what are the chances that aika was the mage of exodus and she killed herself? i think its kinda high but who knows!? /shot

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mat4ueXO9y1r7fkiq.jpg

Paul 12-13-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 1790496)

That's what I'm assuming too. I wouldn't be surprise if that's what happen. Hell, I wouldn't be surprise if she isn't even dead.

buta 12-14-2012 08:36 PM

I just caught up. And what I was guessing, though they mentioned a pronoun, that maybe Junichiro is the person?

Either that or Aika is not really dead. Maybe there was no murder. Maybe that's why there's no murderer to be found?

And I don't want an answer. I shall just watch and see. Cause I likes.

Harlequin 12-18-2012 05:10 PM

Finally watched episode 11. I've kinda spoiled myself on what happens next a little so I'll go ahead and be quiet :x

Almora 12-20-2012 03:20 PM

12:

Spoiler!

BoredomKillz 12-20-2012 03:50 PM

holy shit this episode xD PERFECT ONE TO AIR RIGHT BEFORE THE END OF THE WORLD RIGHT??

but ya totally didnt expect that to happen to yoshino and mahiro xD definitely looking forward to the next episode

buta 12-20-2012 09:59 PM

Screw the end of the world. If I don't see the end of what's going on, it'll be more than just the end of the world. >:O

Harlequin 12-24-2012 11:58 PM

Yeah I finally watched 12. Shit really hit the fan. I was kind of expecting it, but definitely not to this degree.

BoredomKillz 01-10-2013 01:35 PM

ep 13 is out /o/

half of it was a recap so that was disappointing and the other half was kinda meh imo xD but the next episode seems better /o/

Spoiler!

Harlequin 01-10-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 1797208)
ep 13 is out /o/

half of it was a recap so that was disappointing and the other half was kinda meh imo xD but the next episode seems better /o/

Spoiler!

Don't read this spoiler if you don't wanna be well... Spoiled.

Spoiler!

Almora 01-10-2013 03:53 PM

13:

.................................................. .................................................. .. <_>

OMg. what. the. hell.

I've been watching all along expecting only 13 episodes and I finally look it up and it has 24.

This shit better turn around or else i'm going to drop. Nobody got the time for another 11 episodes to find simple what, where, when answers to who killed that wench. I've been trolled, possibly one of the worst up there this year. Someone please tell me otherwise.

Harlequin 01-10-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almora (Post 1797264)
13:

.................................................. .................................................. .. <_>

OMg. what. the. hell.

I've been watching all along expecting only 13 episodes and I finally look it up and it has 24.

This shit better turn around or else i'm going to drop. Nobody got the time for another 11 episodes to find simple what, where, when answers to who killed that wench. I've been trolled, possibly one of the worst up there this year. Someone please tell me otherwise.

The whole ****ing show is probably gonna Shyamalan you around episode 16 or so.

Metty 01-10-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1797273)
The whole ****ing show is probably gonna Shyamalan you around episode 16 or so.

I just wish the English scanlators would catch up to the raws.

BoredomKillz 01-17-2013 12:58 PM

ep 14 is out /o/

new OP and i guess mahiro is going to train the supposed mage of exodus o3o
whats up with guys in this show doing all this stuff for a girl? mahiro is "saving" the world and yada yada to find aikas killer and now this guy wants to stop the tree of genesis to get his gf back lol

Almora 01-17-2013 02:12 PM

^ Nothing is supposed to make sense l0l

14:

I do not get what is so attractive about Yoshino zzzzz
I'm so glad there's new a OP & ED, the 1st ones were horrible.

Almora 01-24-2013 07:05 PM

15:

http://i.imgur.com/GOz04Jr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xqJw318.jpg

Someone had to, dat sister complex scene.