Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-19-2012   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default Shinsekai yori

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Sep 25, 2012 to ?
Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures
Genres: Sci-Fi, Supernatural

Quote:
About one thousand years into the future, civilization has been retrograded and humans are living dispersed within small communities. People in this era have a psychic power called "Juryoku" which materializes things they imagine. In the absence of advanced scientific technology, people are using this power as a major source of energy.

One day, a girl called Saki, along with her friends, finds a small archive robot outside the town. It records the ancient history of humans. It tells them that Juryoku was found in the 21st century and the discovery caused a world war between psychics and non-psychics. The psychics won this war and thus their reign of terror began.

When the adults in town figure out that the children discovered this forbidden knowledge, they seal their Juryoku and exile them. Saki and the others end up in a forest where they meet a huge hairless bipedal mouse known as a "Bakenezumi" and get involved in a violent war the creatures are currently engaged in.

So the show starts airing next week, and it's one that I'm particularly excited for. The synopsis really drew me in, and the quality shown in the PV is definitely keeping me antsy. Plus Hanazawa Kana is voicing a main character o3o

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-29-2012   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

Episode 1 aired, and I'm really into it. Right off the bat this show got really psychological. Can't wait for next week's episode.

09-30-2012   #3 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Even though I know it's all about build up, but I found ep 1 a bit boring to be honest...

What troubles me more is that I found A-1's big eyes art style doesn't really seem to fit with this type of story/character that well :/

10-02-2012   #4 (permalink)
[ うそつき ] M e m o i r
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryRagnarok OnlineRequiem
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW Junior

Pshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud of
IGN: Tsurukie
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Titans

I don't have a problem with the style and I'm really enjoying the show . . .

10-06-2012   #5 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 2 is out and subbed. We just got a little taste of the plot in this one, by getting introduced to the bake-nezumi and:

Spoiler!

This plot really has me hooked.

10-13-2012   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 3 is out and subbed. The story is still relatively incomprehensible, but I'm starting to make some sense out of it. I've got the gist of what's happened and why humanity is what it is. Additionally, every time they list 'x years later' that's however many years after the fall of humanity (for those who didn't know). I don't want to give too much information from what I've been figuring out yet, don't want to spoil :v

10-13-2012   #7 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Oh man episode 4 where ;_;

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

10-21-2012   #8 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Just watched episode 4. This plotline just punched me in the face. EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW WAS A LIE.

10-27-2012   #9 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

This episode. What. What happened to the art? Why were the scenes so disjointed? Why did their speech not match up with their facial expressions and such?

Dood, wat?

10-27-2012   #10 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold

This episode feels so messy like no other, I'm not really sure what I'm watching...

10-27-2012   #11 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
This episode feels so messy like no other, I'm not really sure what I'm watching...
Bonobo sex world.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

10-27-2012   #12 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Bonobo sex world.
Well, it just seem to have that subject coming out of nowhere.

I mean sure we "learned" in previous episode that human will want to have sex to relieve heavy stress. But considering these are a bunch of kids who were terrified at the mere thought of "human can have desire to kill another human", their sudden transition in this episode just felt so weird...

10-28-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Episode 5 had a different director than the one who oversaw the production of Episodes 1-4. I could do some digging and find the names, but I don't care enough to do that much work.

Don't worry, if you saw the preview at the end you should notice that the animation will be back to normal for the next episode.

10-29-2012   #14 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Yeah it looked like they might have overblown their budget in the first 4 episodes and had to make up for it.

11-03-2012   #15 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Woah Cantus is some serious bullshit. They're what, 12? And ONE of them can do these ridiculous telekinetic things like slicing a large rock into a bunch of small pieces and firing them, super heating a large pool of water to boiling temperatures, and create small tornadoes.

11-03-2012   #16 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Well considering the strict education and weeding so far, of course the kids can do that. They're basically the best of the best which their society wanted to keep. I mean, they can make detailed pieces of art with their mind and all too.

Satoru needs to get laid and find an inn to restore his HP/MP! He's becoming insane or whatever.

Also animation wasn't as derp as it was last episode, thank god.

11-03-2012   #17 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Glad they got their budget back. I think Satoru probably powered the **** up because he's using Saki's mantra, or something. I dunno, maybe not. I still really love the ED to this show ;;

11-04-2012   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
Glad they got their budget back. I think Satoru probably powered the **** up because he's using Saki's mantra, or something. I dunno, maybe not. I still really love the ED to this show ;;
Or he powered up because PKs where stated to grow in power when pressured.

Satoru also did not reawaken his powers from Saki's mantra. It's his own. Remember that flaskback where they showed each other their mantra in the school building, then Saki cheated and looked at Satoru's mantra again by doing that paper trick when he was gone? That's how Saki knew.

11-10-2012   #19 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Welp, that first arc ended with episode 7. Looks like episode 8 will be after a timeskip, and it looks fairly interesting, especially with the cliffhanger in 7.

11-16-2012   #20 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

This episode.

THIS. EPISODE.

ONLY THE DEAD.
CAN KNOW PEACE.
FROM THIS EVIL.