ggFTW (
-   Anime & Cartoons (
-   -   Binbougami ga! (

Harlequin 07-26-2012 09:39 PM

Binbougami ga!

Type: TV
Episodes: 13
Aired: Jul 5, 2012 to ?
Producers: Sunrise, TV Tokyo, Dentsu, FUNimation EntertainmentL, Kodansha, Trinity Sound, Sony Music Entertainment
Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Parody, Supernatural

Originally Posted by My Anime List
At the expense of the people and things around her, Sakura has absorbed so much "happiness energy" that she has caused an energy imbalance in the world. In order to return balance to the world, the Poverty God, Momiji, sets out to take away Sakura's ability to absorb this energy. Will Momiji be able to put a stop to Sakura's absorbing abilities, or will the God succumb to her happiness?

So the weeks have gone by and no one made a thread for this show. It's 4 episodes in now, and the jokes are really straightforward, and make a lot of references to other stuff. For instance, the references to Dragonball Z and FLCL in episode 4. Anyway, I've really been enjoying the show and wanted to have a thread for it :v

Gaap 07-27-2012 03:28 AM

FINALLY! I was afraid to post that since members' taste in anime are very varried. (I mean- Is there anyone who would be interested in discussing/comments on Smile Precure? xD)

AND YYEEAA baby! My RL friend introduced me to Binbougami Ga from her Chinese-translated manga (and translating them for me) and since it looks fun despite some pervy booby jokes, I LOVE these little cameos in the anime! I am putting that on hold until I get back from vacation so I can watch that, Dog Days, and Smile PreCure in one blow!

Also, it's hard for me to root for Ichiko, but I know things will evolve with new cast slowly popping in!

P.S. I had Touhou vibes when I see that giant woman who was with Momiji at Epi. 1.

Firzin 07-27-2012 11:39 AM

Was pretty surprised when I found out that the singer for the OP was a male.

DarkRayne 07-27-2012 06:22 PM

Best summer 2012 show.

Gaap 08-19-2012 01:37 AM

Ugyuu.. Not a lot to discuss, huh. Well it is heavy on comedy, but I actually enjoyed it so far! I hope Epi. 6 serves Ichiko in the brains because I have a feeling that she needs a real family quality time without relying on Suwano so much. But god Momoo... <3

Then Epi. 7... I guess you can say that Ranmaru Rindou pretty much sums up my image on my Trickster Online character (LadyGaap)... Pretty bad@$$ and can still have her secret girly side made me squee! x3 Also far by the best cameo gag ever~ I... Don't have the screenshots, but you see why~

Paul 08-19-2012 06:39 AM

Binbougami of the North Star

Gaap 08-28-2012 09:49 PM

Paul 09-20-2012 06:24 PM

Oh dear, laugh'd my ass off at the Death Note parody.

Gaap 09-23-2012 12:23 AM

That parody was done well.

Anyway OMG "Clean" Momiji is to pure OMG!!!

Harlequin 09-29-2012 11:07 PM

Last episode is out. That fake season 2 teaser hurts so bad, I hope they really make a season 2 :x

BoredomKillz 09-30-2012 02:50 PM

just watched the last episode. really hope theres a season two, this was one of my favorites this season ;-;

Mega 09-27-2013 05:49 AM