ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   Sword Art Online (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/110135-sword-art-online.html)

Paul 03-30-2012 11:17 PM

Sword Art Online

Type: TV
Episodes:
Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance

Quote:

A boy named Kazuto "Kirito" Kirigaya enters a virtual-reality, massively multiplayer online (MMO) world called Sword Art Online. There is no escape from this world unless the player clears the game, but "game over" means the death of the player.

Music by Yuki Kajiura

Blizt 03-31-2012 01:09 AM

What a coincident, I recently just started to re-read the novel too :>

evilxshadow 03-31-2012 01:39 AM

isnt this a summer anime?

Griever 03-31-2012 09:29 AM

.hack//Sign and .hack//Roots clone?

Paul 03-31-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilxshadow (Post 1699041)
isnt this a summer anime?

Yea, a little early but felt like sharing. Accel World will be airing this season and Sword Art next season. They're not related but both are by the same person and announced at the same time.

RoflKnife 04-01-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 1699235)
Yea, a little early but felt like sharing. Accel World will be airing this season and Sword Art next season. They're not related but both are by the same person and announced at the same time.

They take place in the same setting I think, there's a good deal of speculation/evidence that points the main character of SAO creating the virtual world in Accel World.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griever (Post 1699138)

No.

Gaap 04-07-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

A ton more different though. No AIDA. Woo!

Okay back to being serious... I love the tracks, but then it was by Yuki Kajira.. SCORE! <3

I guess I know what my summer will be~ :py63:

Metty 04-07-2012 03:33 AM

As long as they animate the first two arcs since those basically complete the story and don't pull the bullshit of twelve episodes a season it should be fine.

PKShota 06-24-2012 01:19 PM

While we wait for the anime to release somewhat soon...

Quote:

Sword Art Online game will be a role-playing game on the PSP handheld system. Specifically, Sword Art Online -Infinite Moment- will be in the "live-in-this-moment-with-you RPG" genre.
‚ƒƒ‰‚ƒƒˆƒ‚ƒƒ‚ƒ €•‚ƒƒ•‚ƒ‹ƒ†‚ƒƒƒƒƒƒƒˆ €• | ƒƒƒ€‚ƒŠƒ*‚‚ƒƒ*‚…式‚‚ƒ ˆ

Kotarou 06-24-2012 07:01 PM

*random hypes*

Also what, a game!? ...well as long it isn't that dungeon crawler madoka game...

Mitchi 06-24-2012 09:54 PM

If Yuki Kajiura is doing the music then count me in.

Incidentally, she did the music for .hack//sign and Liminality, as well as the opening of roots and ending theme of Twilight Bracelet (technically See-Saw, but that's her and Chiaki Ishikawa)

Quote:

So another anime uses the premise of an MMO and it's a clone.

I bet you think Hakuoki is a clone of Gintama for using the Shinsengumi as characters, or that Monster Rancher is a clone of Pokemon.

Harlequin 06-24-2012 10:30 PM

For real, all it takes to get me to watch this is the word "Aniplex." Can't wait for subs!

Metty 06-25-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchi (Post 1738892)
If Yuki Kajiura is doing the music then count me in.

Incidentally, she did the music for .hack//sign and Liminality, as well as the opening of roots and ending theme of Twilight Bracelet (technically See-Saw, but that's her and Chiaki Ishikawa)

So another anime uses the premise of an MMO and it's a clone.

I bet you think Hakuoki is a clone of Gintama for using the Shinsengumi as characters, or that Monster Rancher is a clone of Pokemon.

You forget, Griever is special.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1738900)
For real, all it takes to get me to watch this is the word "Aniplex." Can't wait for subs!

Read the LN. It's short and you only need to read the first four, second is four short stories that tie into the first, also need to read Aria in the Starless Night and the Material Editions. They add more to the backstory as well as fleshing out Kirito a bit. Though they will probably end up skipping the two Fairy Dance books and changing the ending instead of finishing the story in full.

Kotarou 06-28-2012 04:07 AM

Hint: The webnovel for SAO came out before .hack.

^I hope they do leave the ending hanging for a S2 in ALO.

Sanichi 07-06-2012 01:10 PM

I could sworn I comment before, but, I think one aspect of the show bothers me a bit.
Even though it wouldn't be a concern in other shows like say Claymore, I always thought it was weird they only used swords looking back toward the manga in an MMO themed plot.

Metty 07-06-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanichi (Post 1742853)
I could sworn I comment before, but, I think one aspect of the show bothers me a bit.
Even though it wouldn't be a concern in other shows like say Claymore, I always thought it was weird they only used swords looking back toward the manga in an MMO themed plot.

It's all explained if people actually read the source material.

buta 07-07-2012 03:05 PM

First episode...

THERE ARE NO GIRLS.

jk, there were a few. But not much. It's like all of the girls in the crowd turned into guys lololol. Capturing reality I see.

Kotarou 07-07-2012 07:34 PM

That mirror part was the best part.

\*_*/

oh and that epic looking Linear (or is it Horizontal) skill at the end.

PKShota 07-07-2012 07:40 PM

No more being a g.i.r.l. unless you're really a girl

Metty 07-07-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotarou (Post 1743352)
That mirror part was the best part.

\*_*/

oh and that epic looking Linear (or is it Horizontal) skill at the end.

If it was Asuna doing it it was Linear. Still waiting on UTW since I refuse to watch Commie after them already ****ing up something this season.

Edit: After finally seeing it (took you long enough UTW) I can tell you it was Horizontal. Considering Linear is a rapier skill.