Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-24-2012   #201 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
Once you read the LN, you'l realize how much they rushed through in the anime.
The SAO LN is 11 volumes. That only gives roughly 2.5 episodes per volume. Since there's no such thing as 2.5 episodes, we have to round down to 2 episodes. 2 episodes per volume is not a lot to work with. Of course it's going to seem rushed, they took out the insignificant stuff.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-24-2012   #202 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
The SAO LN is 11 volumes. That only gives roughly 2.5 episodes per volume. Since there's no such thing as 2.5 episodes, we have to round down to 2 episodes. 2 episodes per volume is not a lot to work with. Of course it's going to seem rushed, they took out the insignificant stuff.
Only the first 2 volumes were animated so I hardly get your point here. No the reason why it went to 25 episodes instead of 23 was because they added the insignificant stuff.

12-24-2012   #203 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Real plan here:

24 ep that only shows actual Sword Art Online arc. More details, and the title would make more sense, everyone wins. And if they make another season name it the next god damn arc.

12-24-2012   #204 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
Quote:
Only the first 2 volumes were animated so I hardly get your point here. No the reason why it went to 25 episodes instead of 23 was because they added the insignificant stuff.
Only the first four volumes were animated plus some of the side stories. They did the exact same thing with Accel World.

12-24-2012   #205 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
The point is that they're never going to be able to fulfill your wish. Unless they do a ridiculous amount of episodes per volume, the anime is going to be missing plot points. That's not "rushing" that's just called writing a script.

12-24-2012   #206 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Counter-Strike OnlineTrickster OnlineProject BlackoutLeague of Legends

iTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: iTaker
Level: 30

This is usually why I don't care too much to read any of the novels or anything. The anime is good by itself without reading the novels. Sure, if I read them I MAY be disappointed, but there's no reason to trash an all around pretty decent anime because it doesn't follow exactly how the books go.

<3 Katamari, Complexity, 7N, Ecks T.C. <3

12-24-2012   #207 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

The anime is terrible though. If you read the LN it'll probably be at least decent.

12-24-2012   #208 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer68
because it doesn't follow exactly how the books go.
That's not the only reason why the anime is terrible.

12-24-2012   #209 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
The anime is terrible though. If you read the LN it'll probably be at least decent.
Only Fairy Dance was watchable. It cut out one of the best parts too.

12-24-2012   #210 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

iTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond repute

Well than I'd love to know what makes it so bad lol

12-24-2012   #211 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer68
Well than I'd love to know what makes it so bad lol
What I usually hear is that makes it bad is the characters and the wasted plot/theme. Don't see much complaints about the art/style animation. Some mentioning that Yuki Kaijura's music doesn't go with the anime or she didn't put as much effort into it as she does into other anime.

I personally give the anime a 6.8 / 10. Might be a bit high for some people but my standards aren't exactly high to begin with. At least I enjoyed the ride.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

12-25-2012   #212 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Main character that has next to no flaws
Love aspect is incredibly rushed/forced, especially in the case of the side-characters
Plot holes such as no one noticing anything fishy about some dude that's practically capped all his stats at the release of an MMO, people trying to blackmail money in town when other players cannot be hurt, logically stupid plot points such as sleep-PK.
Lack of setting exposition, and due to the lack of there are plot points that are pulled out of the ass just because it's vague
Contributing to a flawless main character, other characters pitifully die in one or two hits without a fight, or are extraordinarily bad at the game/makes bad decisions and weak beyond belief

Off the top of my head. I'm sure half of it is solved with the LN.

Wasted setting potential is probably the biggest disappointment. Good idea but...executed so poorly, and so little is done with it.

04-08-2013   #213 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Guild: Prisma

English dub trailer out now! /spoilers

04-08-2013   #214 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

evilxshadow has a spectacular aura aboutevilxshadow has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
English dub trailer out now! /spoilers

is it me or does it not load?

04-08-2013   #215 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Event WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilxshadow
is it me or does it not load?
Mine doesn't load either, but Youtube's buffering quality has been absolute crap for lots of people these last two months. In any case, glad to see it's being dubbed!

04-08-2013   #216 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Guild: Prisma

It's not just you lol. So many people trying to watch it I think it's taking forever to load. If you leave it up it'll ~eventually~ start xD

04-08-2013   #217 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Trailer did a good job making the anime look better than it really is.

Also Asuna sounds pretty kyute.

04-08-2013   #218 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

I don't know I got mine to load and I think both kirito and asunas voices are both bad xD

04-08-2013   #219 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

I don't even know why I bother watching sample of dubs and hope they're good. It's like the chances of picking up your soul mate while drunk at a bar in the middle of nowhere. SHIT AIN'T HAPPENING.

04-08-2013   #220 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

The dubs were a bit better than expected, but -of course- no match for the original voices.