Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-29-2011   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default Medaka Box [めだかボックス]

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Apr 2012 to ?
Producers: Gainax
Genres: Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Martial Arts, Romance, School, Shounen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Anime List
Kurokami Medaka, a first year, is elected as Student Council President, and the first thing she does is establish a suggestion box, later dubbed by students the "Medaka Box". Medaka encourages students to submit any problem to the box without hesitation and promises to take on any issue from anyone.

Since Medaka won the Student Council elections with a staggering 98% of the vote, she ends up as the Council's only member. She asks her childhood friend, Hitoyoshi Zenkichi, for help and he grudgingly agrees, becoming the Student Council's lowest ranking member. Soon Medaka recruits two more people to the Student Council, the former judo club member Akune Kouki as secretary and the current swim club member Kikaijima Mogana, on loan for 300 yen a day, as treasurer.

Now the Student Council members spend their days solving the problems submitted through the Medaka Box, whether they be hooligans in clubs where they don't belong, girls who need help writing love letters or people who've lost their pets, gradually earning the respect and admiration of the entire school.

I know it's fairly early to be making an anime thread for this show, since it won't even be airing until spring season. However, this show is based off of my all-time favorite manga, and my excitement couldn't be contained. It's been picked up by Gainax, which is honestly probably the best company to do this show. I figure in the meantime, we can use this thread to discuss the manga, while we wait for the show. ;;

Anyway, discuss?

Last edited by Harlequin; 03-28-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-29-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

The manga declared that it would end before the show started so...
No fillers?

12-29-2011   #3 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

If they actually do end the manga before the show starts, then we might be lucky enough to get a full beginning to end anime series out of it. That would be a dream come true for me :O

12-29-2011   #4 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Can't wait for this. New watchers will probably think it's just another high school council show, I thought so too the first few chapters, then BAM. Shounen Battle Manga. Ohhhh yyeaaaaa!!

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

12-30-2011   #5 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

There was a little reference to this manga in the Sket Dance x Gintama crossover wasn't there?

edit: found it lol

Last edited by Kenzor; 12-30-2011 at 03:31 AM.

01-01-2012   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Chapter 128 of the manga is out. Literally almost every time Ajimu breaks the fourth wall, I crack up. It's just too funny.

Spoiler!

03-28-2012   #7 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Just a little over a week until the anime airs. Meanwhile, chapter 139 of the manga was recently released, and the elections are over:

Spoiler!

Also:

Spoiler!

03-28-2012   #8 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Guild: FrenchBread

This long live lady seem to manipulating the plot. We never got see a certain someone become completely happy and release her. Nor did we get to interact with a handful of characters. I suspect this a false alarm.

--Frenchbread is

03-28-2012   #9 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Spoiler!

03-29-2012   #10 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Chapter 140 is translated now.

Spoiler!

LOL. I was laughing hysterically at this page.

03-29-2012   #11 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute

Spoiler!

03-29-2012   #12 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
Spoiler!
Nah, still Medaka Box. It's called that because the suggestion box got named after her, after all.

Spoiler!

03-30-2012   #13 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Guild: FrenchBread

Spoiler!

I could feel the shock in the crowd at the end.

--Frenchbread is

04-04-2012   #14 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Ep1 RAWS are up.

04-04-2012   #15 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

I'm a little iffy on the music for the OP, but the animation is spot on. I actually had to watch it a couple times just to make sure I saw all the times that Medaka appeared. Gainax seems to have at least done their research on her personality and mannerisms (though I've been hearing that they've gone overboard on the ecchi), so I'm definitely more excited.

Then again, the person who was complaining said that the ecchi wasn't even in the manga. I know damn well that the manga has pretty copious amounts in it, particularly in the earliest chapters. Anyway, can't wait for this to be subbed.

04-04-2012   #16 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
Class: Sith Assassin lt_sorcerer
Guild: Omega Matrix
Xfire: d4rthsid

remind you of anyone??? Also same voice actor.

Last edited by DarkRayne; 04-04-2012 at 11:51 PM.

04-05-2012   #17 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games

medaka's seiyuu doesn't fit medaka. too cutesy.

Spoiler!

04-05-2012   #18 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
medaka's seiyuu doesn't fit medaka. too cutesy.
Same actor as Yui from K-On... Meh. I'll get use to it.

Overall, a lot of new viewers seem to be hating on the ecchi shown (minor panty shots and Medaka stripping) thinking it's been Gainax'd or something. Lol. Oh wells.

Still got a few episodes to go before they start anything serious though.

Last edited by Paul; 04-05-2012 at 12:25 PM.

04-05-2012   #19 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
Class: Sith Assassin lt_sorcerer
Guild: Omega Matrix
Xfire: d4rthsid

Yeah... we probably won't get to the 13's til at least episode 4, probably from 5.
The seiyuu works well enough when Medaka is her normal self imo, but at later points when certain things happen... I don't see how her voice is going to fit the character...

04-05-2012   #20 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Loved the first episode. I actually felt that the voices were all pretty spot on. My only concern for Medaka's voice in particular is when it gets to the more serious arcs, whether or not her seiyuu can handle the darker personas. I mean I'm sure she can, or else she wouldn't have gotten hired. Anyway, it's good to see Gainax doing a good job on this. And to whoever thought they overdid it on the ecchi, this was actually pretty much completely on par with the manga for this chapter. The only difference is that since it's animated, they had to spend more total time looking at the ecchi frames.

DEFINITELY looking forward to next week's episode, looks like they're gonna speed up through the next chapters to get to the new character intros.