ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   Medaka Box [めだかボックス] (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/106688-medaka-box.html)

Harlequin 12-29-2011 12:25 AM

Medaka Box [めだかボックス]

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Apr 2012 to ?
Producers: Gainax
Genres: Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Martial Arts, Romance, School, Shounen

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Anime List
Kurokami Medaka, a first year, is elected as Student Council President, and the first thing she does is establish a suggestion box, later dubbed by students the "Medaka Box". Medaka encourages students to submit any problem to the box without hesitation and promises to take on any issue from anyone.

Since Medaka won the Student Council elections with a staggering 98% of the vote, she ends up as the Council's only member. She asks her childhood friend, Hitoyoshi Zenkichi, for help and he grudgingly agrees, becoming the Student Council's lowest ranking member. Soon Medaka recruits two more people to the Student Council, the former judo club member Akune Kouki as secretary and the current swim club member Kikaijima Mogana, on loan for 300 yen a day, as treasurer.

Now the Student Council members spend their days solving the problems submitted through the Medaka Box, whether they be hooligans in clubs where they don't belong, girls who need help writing love letters or people who've lost their pets, gradually earning the respect and admiration of the entire school.

I know it's fairly early to be making an anime thread for this show, since it won't even be airing until spring season. However, this show is based off of my all-time favorite manga, and my excitement couldn't be contained. It's been picked up by Gainax, which is honestly probably the best company to do this show. I figure in the meantime, we can use this thread to discuss the manga, while we wait for the show. ;;

Anyway, discuss?

Crimsonred 12-29-2011 08:11 PM

The manga declared that it would end before the show started so...
No fillers?

Harlequin 12-29-2011 08:46 PM

If they actually do end the manga before the show starts, then we might be lucky enough to get a full beginning to end anime series out of it. That would be a dream come true for me :O

Paul 12-29-2011 09:46 PM

Can't wait for this. New watchers will probably think it's just another high school council show, I thought so too the first few chapters, then BAM. Shounen Battle Manga. Ohhhh yyeaaaaa!!

Kenzor 12-30-2011 01:37 AM

There was a little reference to this manga in the Sket Dance x Gintama crossover wasn't there?

edit: found it lol
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4476/73687145.jpg

Harlequin 01-01-2012 09:23 PM

Chapter 128 of the manga is out. Literally almost every time Ajimu breaks the fourth wall, I crack up. It's just too funny.

Harlequin 03-28-2012 05:07 PM

Just a little over a week until the anime airs. Meanwhile, chapter 139 of the manga was recently released, and the elections are over:

Spoiler!

Also:

Spoiler!

Sanichi 03-28-2012 05:49 PM

This long live lady seem to manipulating the plot. We never got see a certain someone become completely happy and release her. Nor did we get to interact with a handful of characters. I suspect this a false alarm.

Henreh 03-28-2012 05:55 PM

Spoiler!

Harlequin 03-29-2012 05:41 PM

Chapter 140 is translated now.

LOL. I was laughing hysterically at this page.

Henreh 03-29-2012 07:49 PM

Spoiler!

Harlequin 03-29-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henreh (Post 1698610)
Spoiler!

Nah, still Medaka Box. It's called that because the suggestion box got named after her, after all.

Spoiler!

Sanichi 03-30-2012 08:12 AM

Spoiler!

I could feel the shock in the crowd at the end.

Paul 04-04-2012 11:57 AM

Ep1 RAWS are up.

Harlequin 04-04-2012 05:06 PM

I'm a little iffy on the music for the OP, but the animation is spot on. I actually had to watch it a couple times just to make sure I saw all the times that Medaka appeared. Gainax seems to have at least done their research on her personality and mannerisms (though I've been hearing that they've gone overboard on the ecchi), so I'm definitely more excited.

Then again, the person who was complaining said that the ecchi wasn't even in the manga. I know damn well that the manga has pretty copious amounts in it, particularly in the earliest chapters. Anyway, can't wait for this to be subbed.

DarkRayne 04-04-2012 11:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/uXe9Z.jpg
remind you of anyone??? Also same voice actor.

Henreh 04-05-2012 10:56 AM

medaka's seiyuu doesn't fit medaka. too cutesy.

Spoiler!

Paul 04-05-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henreh (Post 1701367)
medaka's seiyuu doesn't fit medaka. too cutesy.

Same actor as Yui from K-On... Meh. I'll get use to it.

Overall, a lot of new viewers seem to be hating on the ecchi shown (minor panty shots and Medaka stripping) thinking it's been Gainax'd or something. Lol. Oh wells.

Still got a few episodes to go before they start anything serious though.

DarkRayne 04-05-2012 02:15 PM

Yeah... we probably won't get to the 13's til at least episode 4, probably from 5.
The seiyuu works well enough when Medaka is her normal self imo, but at later points when certain things happen... I don't see how her voice is going to fit the character...

Harlequin 04-05-2012 08:55 PM

Loved the first episode. I actually felt that the voices were all pretty spot on. My only concern for Medaka's voice in particular is when it gets to the more serious arcs, whether or not her seiyuu can handle the darker personas. I mean I'm sure she can, or else she wouldn't have gotten hired. Anyway, it's good to see Gainax doing a good job on this. And to whoever thought they overdid it on the ecchi, this was actually pretty much completely on par with the manga for this chapter. The only difference is that since it's animated, they had to spend more total time looking at the ecchi frames.

DEFINITELY looking forward to next week's episode, looks like they're gonna speed up through the next chapters to get to the new character intros.