ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   Guilty Crown [ギルティクラウン] (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/103368-guilty-crown.html)

Harlequin 10-13-2011 04:35 PM

Guilty Crown [ギルティクラウン]

Type: TV
Episodes: 22
Aired: Oct 14, 2011 to ?
Producers: Production I.G, FUNimation EntertainmentL
Genres: Action, Magic, Sci-Fi

Quote:

The story takes place in Tokyo in 2039. After the outbreak of the unidentified virus "Lost Christmas" in 2029, Japan has been under the control of a multinational organization called GHQ. Ouma Shu is a 17-year-old boy who has a psychic power in his right hand. He can use the power "Ability of King" to extract tools or weapons from his friends. He has been avoiding making trouble for others but his life changes when he meets a girl named Yuzuriha Inori, a member of a resistance guerrilla group called "Undertaker", whose members pilot mecha weapons to fight against the government.

OP:「My Dearest」 - supercell
ED: 「Departures ~あなたにおくるアイの歌~」 - EGOIST

OP is by supercell, so I am goddamn excited. Also, the art looks stellar, and after looking at the art and the previews, I've gotta say it "looks" like Zone of the Enders, Gundam, and Ghost in the Shell all had a beautiful lovechild. Anyway, episode 1 is out and subbed right now. I'm downloading it, and will post an opinion on it a bit later. This LOOKS amazing though.

Discuss?

EDIT: Finished downloading, and I watched it. I have to say, this show is BEAUTIFUL. Gorgeous action, gorgeous scenery, gorgeous characters, great acting... I really can't see anything not to like about this, and if the show continues to be as good as it was this first episode, then I can say without a doubt that it would probably be one of the best of all time. Yup. That good.

Nihil679 10-13-2011 06:34 PM

HOW DO I TALK ABOUT THIS ANIME WITHOUT MAKING iT SOUND GODLIKE
I CAN'T.

SlowBro 10-13-2011 07:06 PM

well for starters you can turn of caps bro

and yes it is good like chai latte

J0SH2 10-13-2011 07:56 PM

Watched ep 1 and i like it, but i kinda think that the whole thing has been a little bit Over-Hyped. It is good, but not THAT Amazing.

Eden 10-13-2011 08:31 PM

Damn that was amazing. Also the music, OST WHERE

Firzin 10-13-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eden (Post 1618797)
Damn that was amazing. Also the music, OST WHERE

Pretty much this. ED and OP is made by supercell too so that's a big plus. And the OST is made by Hiroyuki Sawano who also made Gundam Unicorn's + Sengoku Basara's OST. I like very much.

RoflKnife 10-13-2011 09:46 PM

Oh look, we got Code Geass R3 after all :jj:

Dread 10-13-2011 11:18 PM

I vote for most eye catching female costume this season...n yes good music too.

Mums 10-14-2011 01:19 AM

From what I saw in the videos from the first post, I think I'm going to give this a go. It looks quite promising. Also, I love the song in the first video.

Routine 10-14-2011 01:07 PM

Well, judging just from the first episode, this anime doesn't seem to be very original, honestly, it feels like I've seen a similar scenario in anime several times now. The art really is gorgeous though. I guess I'll give it a few more eps... The main character is such a dolt though, probably another one who accomplishes everything by accident or by the means of just being naturally gifted for some reason. Boring.

Paul 10-14-2011 07:38 PM

Enjoyed it, will keep on watching.

Crimsonred 10-14-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 1618828)
Oh look, we got Code Geass R3 after all :jj:

As in Code Geass without lelouch?
This is bad.

Sanichi 10-14-2011 08:57 PM

Guilty Crown [ギルティクラウン]

Sure.

buta 10-15-2011 12:10 AM

While the art is nice, I felt lost as if I missed something in between. How exactly does everyone suddenly know our wishy washy protagonist?

I also like how the army doods didn't even think to search the guy that she had been talking to for the thing they were looking for. I mean, there's NO WAY she handed it to him, right? >_>

RoflKnife 10-15-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buta (Post 1619406)
While the art is nice, I felt lost as if I missed something in between. How exactly does everyone suddenly know our wishy washy protagonist?

I also like how the army doods didn't even think to search the guy that she had been talking to for the thing they were looking for. I mean, there's NO WAY she handed it to him, right? >_>

That's funny, cause I've been reading tons of other posts complaining stuff like this.

True sequel to Geass R2 you see, stupid stuff and plot holes everywhere. It just has to be enjoyable to watch now.

Crimsonred 10-15-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buta (Post 1619406)

That's what happens when you have 0 back story.

Harlequin 10-15-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimsonred (Post 1619952)
That's what happens when you have 0 back story.

The series has 22 episodes, there's plenty of time to fill in the blanks e_e

RoflKnife 10-15-2011 11:20 PM

Not when the blanks are just simple logical holes. Why would you let some guy that was with a terrorist go, and not check the whole place? Why would you trust some random dude with an apparently incredibly important item when you have far more competent people, and you already know the wuss abandoned a comrade?

SlowBro 10-15-2011 11:30 PM

because that would make for bad story telling

Blizt 10-15-2011 11:35 PM

While the girl in the costume is so damn hot, I have an urge to punch her face >_>

Why do so many ppl (especially female characters) liked to talk non-sense (or in this case, SINGING, GREAT) that nobody understood and forced them to do things when you have just met them...?
(talking crap with that poker face is not gonna make you more cute or popular, except when you do it in front of the MALE protagonist~)

Kinda sick of seeing similar thing happening over and over and over and OVER AGAIN...