Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-01-2011   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice
Default Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Producers: Madhouse Studios
Genres: Action, Adventure, Shounen, Super Power

Quote:
Remake of the 1999 TV series of Hunter x Hunter based on the manga by Togashi Yoshihiro.

A Hunter is one who travels the world doing all sorts of dangerous tasks. From capturing criminals to searching deep within uncharted lands for any lost treasures. Gon is a young boy whose father disappeared long ago, being a Hunter. He believes if he could also follow his father's path, he could one day reunite with him.

After becoming 12, Gon leaves his home and takes on the task of entering the Hunter exam, notorious for its low success rate and high probability of death to become an official Hunter. He befriends the revenge-driven Kurapica, the doctor-to-be Leorio and the rebellious ex-assassin Killua in the exam, with their friendship prevailing throughout the many trials and threats they come upon taking on the dangerous career of a Hunter.
Ep1 is up, waiting for subs. I hear its really fast paced.. at least Ep1.

Edit: Subs are up.
Edit2: Watched it. Loved it. Awesome first ep1. Fairly faced paced but who cares!? The faster it gets to even more awesomeness, the better!

Ending. It's a somewhat of a metal/screamer... kinda.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

Last edited by Paul; 11-03-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-02-2011   #2 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Nice first episode. As much as I like the remake, I don't really see much point to it. The manga has a pretty rocky schedule so seeing the remake end in the same arc as the previous series wouldn't surprise me. But who cares, glorious new animation makes me a happy camper.

10-03-2011   #3 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Gon's shorts in that picture....

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

10-16-2011   #4 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Ep3, Killua and Hisoka finally make an appearance. :D

10-17-2011   #5 (permalink)
Expired

Hector is on a distinguished road
IGN: No.
Class: No.
Level: No.
Guild: Debaters, [JW]

Looking forward to having the Chimera Ants arc animated. <3

10-17-2011   #6 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Loving Satotz haters gonna hate walk.

10-19-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Gandalf is on a distinguished road
Default Hunter X Hunter my Favorite!!!

I really dunno what is the last episode of this show. All I saw is that Gon's father is riding a dragon and that dragona rides a larger dragon. Is that the ending??

10-20-2011   #8 (permalink)
-

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

I like it so far, but I prefer the original anime more at this point. I dunno, the dark style it had seemed to fit better with it. But it's still early, so maybe this will be better than the original.

Still, some things here and there irk me.

10-24-2011   #9 (permalink)
-

Watching episode 4. My god. That part when Leorio tells a bit of his backstory is really touching. Oh and when Gon and Killua called him an old timer. That response.

10-25-2011   #10 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Lol, hes a teenager, it blew my mind.

10-30-2011   #11 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games

The new voice actor really nailed Pedosoka's voice. Just as creepy as I remembered him to be.

11-02-2011   #12 (permalink)
-

God. Hisoka. You god damned troll.

11-07-2011   #13 (permalink)
-

That cooking scene was completely changed. What the hell happened to the sushi. I prefer the original anime over this one for that scene, but the egg scene in this one was pretty good.

11-07-2011   #14 (permalink)
Of Course i blive in god!
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaLa TaleOurWorld
Awards Facebook Fan

Ladynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: noosy 。✪
Class: Meow to_cat
Level: to much chara but i love them <3 8 kitties~2 lion~2sheepy~1bun bun ~
Guild: Master SoulCalibur<3
Xfire: nooosy

i love this Anime

the you tube you post it not work for me :x

Sprite By~Rydia
~im playing only At Fantasia

11-07-2011   #15 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Probably removed due to copy right, i'll fix it later if I feel like it. (Lol).

Anyways, a lot of people are raging how they cut off part of the 2nd test (sushi part). Personally, I don't mind since I do want them to hurry up with the test. I wasn't much fan of the test rather I started enjoying after the test, especially when Gon finally gets a fighting style, which won't be for a long... long time.

11-07-2011   #16 (permalink)
DJ
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

So for those of you that have watched the original and this one, should I consider watching the original one? Or should I just watch the new one? (That is if they have the same content)

11-07-2011   #17 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
So for those of you that have watched the original and this one, should I consider watching the original one? Or should I just watch the new one? (That is if they have the same content)
It's too early for me to compare the two but definitely give the original a watch. Like Paul said, it picks up after the Hunter exam and they start learning Nen. Since we haven't gotten that far yet it isn't really a fair comparison. There's also this in the original:
Spoiler!

I swear if they censor this scene... :|

11-07-2011   #18 (permalink)
DJ
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Well I found out they have the original series in english dub. Looks so old though D8

11-07-2011   #19 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
Well I found out they have the original series in english dub. Looks so old though D8
Was made in 1999 to 2004. Still a great series. 62 Episodes with about 30 OVA episodes.

11-19-2011   #20 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Looks like they've started stalling. Ep8 was very slow and not much happened.

Hope they have Killua's fight next episode and I hope they don't horribly censor it.