ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   Ben-To [ベン・トー] (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/102575-ben.html)

Joey 09-27-2011 01:18 PM

Ben-To [ベン・トー]

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Oct 9, 2011 to ?
Producers: AT-X, David Production
Genres: Action

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Anime List
Sato Yo is a high school boy who likes SEGA games. One day, he enters a grocery store to buy some food for dinner. When he tries to take a bento box, he loses consciousness. He comes around to find all the bento sold out. He notices there is a war game going on at grocery stores and players called "Wolves" compete for the half-priced bento. Yarizui Sen, the leader of the Half-Pricer Club, forces Yo to join the club and he enters the bento war.

After reading the synopsis, I can't help but feel that this show is going to be the underrated-overrated hype for the upcoming fall season. It'll probably start up, every episode will be amazing, but people won't pick it up for like 3 weeks. And then, when they finally do pick up this show, they'll fffing love it so much that it gets passed around and becomes the new massive hype. Probably anyway.

Anyway, it looks really interesting and I'm excited to see where the story goes. The art looks good, the action looks good, I can't wait until this airs.

Discuss?

Paul 09-27-2011 02:34 PM

Saw the PV's a long time ago. I'm not hating it, but for some reason it feels like one of those series where the creators just pulled some random sh-t out of their ass and made it into a story.

Anyways, I'll be watching it just as I try majority of new series that air.

Firzin 09-27-2011 02:38 PM

This sounds ridiculously stupid and awesome at the same time. Guess I'll give it a try.

Veloze 09-29-2011 10:59 PM

Sounds too ridiculous for me to watch, but I'll give it a shot.

Shnao 09-29-2011 11:11 PM

So an anime about people fighting over half-priced lunches... Sounds dangerously delicious. *rimshot*

lee12 10-02-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shnao (Post 1611556)
So an anime about people fighting over half-priced lunches... Sounds dangerously delicious. *rimshot*

yea this show seams like its going to be a good show
i going to watch it

Joey 10-08-2011 10:40 PM

Ep 1 is out and subbed.

OH MY GODDDDDDDD. I was right, this is such a good fffing show. Don't want to spoil the story, but I'm gonna call this a must-watch :V

Paul 10-08-2011 10:42 PM

I found it so random as hell.

Henreh 10-09-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1615892)
Ep 1 is out and subbed.

OH MY GODDDDDDDD. I was right, this is such a good fffing show. Don't want to spoil the story, but I'm gonna call this a must-watch :V

Basically this. It's random but if you think about it the plot is extremely simple.

Firzin 10-09-2011 07:38 AM

Still find the premise pretty ridiculous. But there's hot blooded fist to face action so I can't complain.

Shadow5YA 10-09-2011 04:22 PM

Hiro Shimono is such a great voice actor. His Keima in TWGOK was great, but the impersonations he did as Satou were hilarious.

lee12 10-09-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1615892)
Ep 1 is out and subbed.

yea the 1st ep was good i knew this show was good show

Gaap 10-10-2011 12:38 AM

If Harequin said that 1st epi. is good (after dragging me into Penguins), I might as well give this a try.

Besides, I want food in cheep prices. :P Just not tonight since it's late and already burned from Penguins/Persona.

EDIT: Okay watched it on a stressful night.

Oh man. What did I really just watch... D:

A big epic fight for half-price bento food. I think I am okay with this. Just mixed-reactions atm... Probably what the studio is aiming for, LOL

EDIT 2: I MUST POST THIS!

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/...e/22315343.jpg

Henreh 10-16-2011 01:00 AM

ep2 subbed

Spoiler!

Strikegundam 10-16-2011 07:38 AM

<3 Shiraume
the abuse on Satō and abduction make me love her more

Paul 10-16-2011 10:49 AM

Expected her to be a lot colder with the name "Ice Witch" but her personality is somewhat different than I expected.

I lol'd when he punched "Brunette". The next Touma?

Firzin 10-16-2011 12:56 PM

Find it strange how Satou somehow powered up by talking to The Wizard.

Satou ends up being knocked down by commoners the day before then the next day he ends up beating the RUGBY team and 3 experienced wolves?

Wished talking to someone named The Wizard made me strong as well ._.

Joey 10-16-2011 05:15 PM

This episode was full of so much win. And I couldn't help but laugh my ass off at the boar, LOL.

Shadow5YA 10-16-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firzin (Post 1620316)
Find it strange how Satou somehow powered up by talking to The Wizard.

Satou ends up being knocked down by commoners the day before then the next day he ends up beating the RUGBY team and 3 experienced wolves?

Wished talking to someone named The Wizard made me strong as well ._.

He didn't really power up. He was completely caught off guard in ep1 and didn't know the rules.

Satou also didn't beat the rugby team by himself. The Wizard and the other wolves helped him.

Firzin 10-16-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 1620476)
He didn't really power up. He was completely caught off guard in ep1 and didn't know the rules.

Satou also didn't beat the rugby team by himself. The Wizard and the other wolves helped him.

Wasn't talking about ep 1. The earlier fight in the same episode ended with him getting himself floored and he knew the rules by then. And while it's true he didn't beat the rugby team by himself, he still somehow managed to take down quite a few of them by himself even though we see in the fight I just mentioned he didn't even get a clean hit on anyone. Plus the whole taking down Brunette, Monk and Beard thing. Meh, either way it was enjoyable to watch. Some consistency would be nice though.

Screw it . It's meant to be random, I'll just go along with it.