ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   No. 6 (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/100300-no-6-a.html)

Routine 08-07-2011 12:24 PM

No. 6

Type: TV
Episodes: 11
Aired: Jul 8, 2011 to ?
Producers: Bones, Aniplex, Fuji TV, Sentai FilmworksL
Genres: Sci-Fi

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAL
The story takes place in the ideal city "NO.6" in 2013. Shion was judged as having "highest-ranked intelligence" when he was two years old and was allowed to live in the luxurious area "Cronos".

On his twelfth birthday, he met a beautiful boy called "Nezumi," who had escaped from a reformatory. Shion protected him, but the Public Security Bureau deprived Shion of all his privileges and expelled him from Cronos to "Lost Town".

Four years after the banishment, a mysterious accident leads Shion to the secret of the city NO.6.

I've only seen the first ep, but it was... intriguing. It made me want to keep watching, so I'm hoping it'll stay this way thorough the entire series.

And I (almost) instantly liked the main characters. :py28:

Ayu 08-07-2011 02:01 PM

Sorry for asking, but how many episodes have aired so far?

BoredomKillz 08-07-2011 02:32 PM

5 episodes have aired so far, its pretty decent imo o: kinda BL ish though, but thats what you get when you have two guys as the main characters /shot

PKShota 08-07-2011 02:38 PM

I'd hate to see BL of them two. Shion is still cute though.

And them little rats are cute too.
Spoiler!

Harlequin 08-07-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 1583477)
5 episodes have aired so far, its pretty decent imo o: kinda BL ish though, but thats what you get when you have two guys as the main characters /shot

The synopsis has the words "beautiful boy" in it. Dead giveaway.

Anyway, I'm not watching this one.

Ayu 08-07-2011 04:43 PM

Yeh, not really a BL fan at all, so this isn't for me.( ∀`)

BoredomKillz 08-07-2011 04:59 PM

oh no dont get me wrong, its not really like BL xD just nezumi is your typical emotionless lone wolf type person but sion throws him off balance cause hes so different. and sion just wants to get to know nezumi and be his friend and stuff (although in the most recent episode sion said the thing that terrifies him most is losing nezumi)

Routine 08-08-2011 11:50 AM

I do have to admit that part the reason I'm interseted in this show is because I like shonen-ai and yaoi... It does have plot besides the interaction of the two main characters though. But I wouldn't say "its not really like BL", by ep 4 it's not even subtext anymore |D

Dani 09-16-2011 08:46 PM

Welp no.6 ended.
not too sure what to think of the ending, but Sion and Nezumi (mostly) succeeded.

Besides the obv. BL, the plot kept me interested til the end. Was slightly shocked by Sion's actions midway through ep 11 or so. Oh well.

Hector 09-19-2011 03:00 PM

Was watching for the silly boy's love.
Plot was thin.
Ending sucked. REAL COP OUT THERE. I hate when people get RESSURECTED.
It ruins everything, seriously.

SakuraFoxFurry 09-10-2012 06:55 PM

No. 6

It's a pretty amazing anime. I haven't finished it yet but i'm already in love with this series. I hope the Manga comes out to the US soon, if it has not already.

BoredomKillz 09-10-2012 08:29 PM

you can read it online if you want (can read pretty much everything online /shot)

i cant link you to the site (i think its against the rules lol) but if you just google "No. 6 manga) youll get a few hits /o/

Harlequin 09-10-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 1766926)
you can read it online if you want (can read pretty much everything online /shot)

i cant link you to the site (i think its against the rules lol) but if you just google "No. 6 manga) youll get a few hits /o/

You can only link those products which aren't yet licensed in America, or you can link to places where one can purchase the products. The No 6 manga isn't licensed, but the anime is, so I would hesitate to post any links to any sort of free manga or streaming anime on this one.

BoredomKillz 09-10-2012 08:44 PM

ya, thats why i didnt x] do not want to get in trouble yo! /flees

Ascherit 10-15-2012 02:10 PM

Can I just say that I really loved this anime

and even without all the subtext and actual BL I'd still love it just as much