Originally Posted by Shirakani
So ok, i've pserv0r'd this game and it seems quite nice... Thinking of trying it on official server for real for the proper 'MMO' experience. However i've read some rather damning things about the official server...
How true is;
1) The fun stuff is lvl1-30, then from 31-50 all you're doing is grinding ala Lineage II and getting ganked while trying to complete a ridiculously long quest chain to get your epic PvE armor set to stand a chance against those who are ganking your ass.
2) Craptastic drop rates in high end instances. Trying to PvE for your top end gear = forget it. Trying to get PvP armor vs those who played early and already HAS their PvP armor = forget it unless you're the FOTM class.
3) Bot city, NCsoft does nothing, or is waving the banhammer on legit ppl and not giving a crap if they ban you coz they already has ur monies.
4) Just... nothing worth doing past 30.
Any of those true? Is it worth trying the real serv0r or should i preserve my 'fun' image of the game and stay on pserv0rs?
Dont lurk these forums often anymore, but throwing in a lil input about your points.
1) More fun stuff at 31-40, as thats generally the peak of PvP rifting. 1-30 is generally just PvEing, unless you venture around abyss at 25 when you can access it, but then get buttslammed by bored Lv40-50 players. Grind is generally overly exagerrated by people who come from WoW. Its hardly anything close to how horrible the grind in L2 was by far. Expect to get ganked a bunch tho as you are levelling in zones where people can rift, there are lots of overgeared "twinks" from those 50s who are bored and cant play worth squat.
2) Very craptastic, yes. Dark Poeta drop rates are horrible. Been running it daily for 4 months(~120 days) and have yet to see orb/book drop from B grade boss. </3. Getting the PvP armor isnt that big of a deal, as you can just run fort instances for it(and thats what everyone pretty much have done). A good static with a good legion, and you are very set. Miragent/Fenris on other hand will be a pain in the rear, albeit it'll be "easier" to get bloods in 1.9 and attempt the hot heart of magic, the new obstacle of annoyance will be Tears of Luck quest part instead.
3) No idea for NA; but on EU(Perento) bots are rare and few at present. Tho of course this had good/bad sides. Bots made the prices actually manageable, where some things are now redicilously priced when theyre gone. NCSoft have bad accuracy on that banhammer tho. Innocents getting banned, and hackers/etc not. ;p
4) Well, as said. 31-40 was definately the most fun part of the game. IMHO. Once you hit 41+ tho, boredom will start biting in you, and as you ding 50 and discover the horrible grind there(because the grinding for gear is so much worse than actually getting to 50)... well. Its boring to do loldredgion, dark poeta, forts, and then roam around to try find people to PvP because the population is so thinned down. Oh and there is the zerg vs zerg sieges... assuming your PC can handle it, and not have a 4fps slideshow.