ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Aion Online

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-23-2009   #1 (permalink)
gah lol
Special
Games
MabinogiDragon NestTrickster Online

AnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to AnnabelleMarie
IGN: Annabelle/AnnabelleMarie
Default Massive Ban Across All NA/EU Servers

Massive Ban Across All NA/EU Servers

Good morning Daevas!

As you probably noticed, we've completed a server wide reboot without much notice on a day that we typically don't perform maintenance. It's only fair that we keep you in the loop and make sure you know what's going on. Over the last week we've been working on a list, we've been checking it twice, and today we found out who was naughty or nice. Ban Hammer Claus just came to town. When the servers come back online, nearly 16,000 accounts will have been removed from the game. If your account was banned, please read the following FAQ.

1. Why was I banned?

There could be many reasons your account was closed. If you did not receive notification of your violation via e-mail please create a support ticket and the violation will be explained to you. Please note that if your account was closed for the use of 3rd party software (botting) or participating in RMT (gold buying/selling) the evidence for the account closure was gathered over several weeks. It may be completely unrelated to what your character was doing right when your account was closed.

2. … but I wasn’t botting, buying Kinah or spamming advertisements! I’m innocent!

Any action that modifies the client or automates the same way a bot does could potentially flag an account as a violator. We do not use one specific instance to “flag” an account for botting or RMT. We use many instances to strengthen our conclusions. Please understand that it is not what “you” have done on your account, but what the account has done. If your account is shared, purchased, borrowed, or power leveled, it could be the actions of anyone who’s ever used the account.

3. I’m aware of all of the above, but I have never done any of it. Who do I contact?

To request a review, please create a support ticket.

We are taking a very hard stance on this issue and do have sophisticated processes and procedures in place that help us keep unwarranted banning to a minimum. If you believe you’ve been wrongfully banned, you can email us at support@ncsoft.com, and we will review your account. Our goal is to ensure our legitimate players are having the best game experience possible. Please note that you don’t need to submit multiple tickets, as we will review a specific case only once. We obviously take these violations seriously, but also want to make sure that legitimate players aren’t banned unnecessarily.

We'd like to reiterate that we've been listening to your concerns. We've been constantly adding to our Customer Service and Game Surveillance Unit. As we continue to move forward, you'll see more and more of these efforts. Thanks for your patience everyone, and have fun playing Aion!

Aion™ Online :: General Discussion - Massive Ban Across All NA/EU Servers

^^^^
THIS is pure win, more companies should do this

My Steam ID - My Facebook
3DS Friend Code: 2020-0049-4799
Animal Crossing New Leaf - Aerielly, Town Totoro

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelleMarie
THIS is pure win, more companies should do this
The pure win comes from the $49.95 game fee and $14.95 monthly fee (am I correct with those numbers?)
Of course when all your players are paying, you will listen. Thats your income.

On F2P games, they can do nothing and still get money. In P2P, you basically pay for their service.

11-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Dead FrontierDiablo IIITalesweaver

clearskies is on a distinguished road

i am surprised this did not occur sooner, seeing as there have been bots etc for a long time. Ah well, at least it got done :]
better now than never. I was wondering when they would start to take action against those violating ToS.. we are paying customers afterall.

LaTale [OGP] - inactive
IGN: Teee 11x Guardian
Tourretes 15x EngiStar
i1upyou 18x Strider
Feel free to add me if you want a chatting buddy.

11-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
Cid
ggFTW Moogler

Cid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies
i am surprised this did not occur sooner, seeing as there have been bots etc for a long time. Ah well, at least it got done :]
better now than never. I was wondering when they would start to take action against those violating ToS.. we are paying customers afterall.
The game has been only out for a month or two and you expected them to act on it sooner? I think they're doing a great job, raised my expectations for them.

11-24-2009   #5 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

Yay reduced spams and botters~ i lol'd when i was reading through the post

11-24-2009   #6 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

Something like this needs to reflect on its ratings. = )

/gg FTW! - Report Cards: NCsoft

11-24-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

Did not expect this, very awesome

Now they just need to keep this up every couple of months and eventually bots will give up taking 3 weeks to level a character just to get it banned. (Unlikely)

11-30-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

I'm impressed to say the least.

They should have done it sooner, but I wasn't playing Aion at that time. Until my funds allow it, I'm sticking to private servers.

And I believe they didn't do the bannings sooner because they were doing the Vision trailer and fixing some bugs. GMs cannot do everything at once you know. Do you know how long it takes to find and make sure 16,000+ accounts truly botted?

12-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenalia
I'm impressed to say the least.

They should have done it sooner, but I wasn't playing Aion at that time. Until my funds allow it, I'm sticking to private servers.

And I believe they didn't do the bannings sooner because they were doing the Vision trailer and fixing some bugs. GMs cannot do everything at once you know. Do you know how long it takes to find and make sure 16,000+ accounts truly botted?
I doubt that many GM's actually write codes.

12-03-2009   #10 (permalink)
Ken
本来无一物,何处惹尘埃,问世间有几多爱 ღ 陈冠希
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCross Fire
Awards Facebook Fan

Ken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Ken
IGN: LoveKen
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: Lay low
Guild: Exorcist
Xfire: Xfire sucks

no...it woudnt take dat long..is their fault after all

12-03-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

They still need to get rid of the private shop gold spammers in town though. At least making it possible to report them would be good :[