ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Aion Online

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-30-2009   #1 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves
Default how highly would you rate this game?

I'm considering asking for Aion for Christmas, but because of the hefty price I would like to know how good all of you who play Aion rate it, and why? The gameplay looks very nice, and I would like to find something that I could convince my mom with.

Thanks,
~Holy

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-31-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

It really just depends on what type of games you like really. If you're into games like WoW, L2, Everquest, or anything like that, I think you'd like it.

The only thing that seems to turn people off, is the drop rate in instances (where you get the best gear endgame), they've been so pampered in WoW with amazing drop rates that now they don't want to take time to actually grind for their gears.

The grind to level isn't too bad, only gets bad around 40ish but max level is 50 so it's not too bad.

I would probably rate it like 9/10. I'm like half a level from hitting max level and I'm not even close to being bored of the game yet.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

10-31-2009   #3 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

I think as a casual game, its pretty decent.. like Theo said for somebody who cant play all the time but wants to level .. there is quite a bunch of quests and i can level fairly quickly. The professions and crafting is pretty good. The game has quests that force you to level up your gathering skills so you arent 100% just grinding, but doing other inbetween things as well. I mean you dont have to do those quests and can just buy'em at the auction house.. but i like to take my time with things and get the best i can out of my abilities in every aspect.

10-31-2009   #4 (permalink)
.png
Games

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the opinions. I mean, I would have probably stayed with WoW if I had more friends, and I don't think I'll have the problem here. I just like to do stuff with other people instead of grinding all the time otherwise I'd get like, bored n' quit.

Guess I'll have to see.

11-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Glykeria is on a distinguished road
IGN: Glykeria
Class: Bow
Guild: Moogles

I played in the Chinese open beta and I got to level 25 or so before I got very bored. Maybe it was the class I was playing, templar, and their horrible disadvantage in abyss pvp. I have heard some talk of balance fixes in the NA version, but havent even bought the game. Overall though, its a game thats worth a try.

11-04-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

eslaier is on a distinguished road

Didnt play the abyss but i looked awesome in the vids i saw.

To ask for it, make sure that u dont do something to upset ur mother, because thats the the "something" that she will tell u when its says NO... mothers things...

11-04-2009   #7 (permalink)
私は君のためなら何でもする, my Love
Special

FlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FlamesBlader Send a message via MSN to FlamesBlader
IGN: iFlames
Class: Any
Level: 30
Guild: Expired

Askkkk for a cardboard box <3
Aion is pretty good. I'dddd still ask for Dragon Age : Origins tho.

11-04-2009   #8 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

I tried Dragon Age... The PC ver anyway is daaaamn good, just don't bother with the watered down console vers. The game should have been PC only.

Maybe it's just me but i'd never ask for a p2p MMO for a present, ever. I'd rather have something i can keep without having to pay a fee every month.

11-04-2009   #9 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

at least you get free bonus items every month just for playing. *points to news on aion website* XD;;

11-04-2009   #10 (permalink)
Takamina=waifu material
Games
Iris OnlineLegend of EddaLa Tale

Bacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Bacon
IGN: Bacon
Class: Cleric
Guild: Hello Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
at least you get free bonus items every month just for playing. *points to news on aion website* XD;;
yum more cube space!

11-05-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
Yeah, you can collect the first month ones already.

And yay, 50 :P

Aion™ Online :: Character & Legion

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
Steam Account - doobie15

11-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

I heard Aion costs $49.95 and then $14.95 per month.... truth or fiction?

11-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

Well, you gotta buy the game for a CD key, unless you can find one somewhere else. And yeah its about $15 a month.

Steam Account - doobie15

11-09-2009   #14 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

at least you aren't paying the price of WoW which i hear is like 20 dollars a month or something like that.

11-10-2009   #15 (permalink)
.png
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
at least you aren't paying the price of WoW which i hear is like 20 dollars a month or something like that.
WoW is 15 dollars a month, less if you pay for longer.

11-10-2009   #16 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

probably because my friend is overseas the conversion rate to usd.. they end up shelling out a bit more. Not 20 dollars but its a bit more than 14.95 or wateva. Anywho.. thanks for clearing up that rumor :3

11-10-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAbyssal
WoW is 15 dollars a month, less if you pay for longer.
1 month: $14.99*
3 months: $39.99* (equivalent to $13.33 per month)
6 months: $75.99* (equivalent to $12.66 per month)
12 months: $139.99* (equivalent to $11.66 per month)

That's for Aion.

Steam Account - doobie15

11-10-2009   #18 (permalink)
.png
Games

$14.99 USD - One Month Recurring
$41.97 USD - Three Months Recurring ($13.99 per month)
$77.94 USD - Six Months Recurring ($12.99 per month)

^ That's for WoW

11-10-2009   #19 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

its cheaper for aion? i wonder how it will be when more n more content arises though.

11-11-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

I personally love this game but have quit playing it 2 weeks before my free month was up. I don't have the money now to continue to play it (I had bought the limited edition).

When I get a job and a better PC, and have money to give my fiance a copy of Aion so we can play together -- that's when I'm going to go back to playing Aion.

I love Aion <333