ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Aion Online

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-15-2009   #21 (permalink)
Enchantress
Special

sonozaki will become famous soon enough
IGN: TomoeGozen
Class: Merc
Level: 6x
Guild: Yuri

Personally I didn't like Aion much, it's definitely pretty but to me that's about all it had going for it.
It's probably a good game, with high production values, but I didn't really enjoy it.

The problem I had was with the gameplay itself, I found it pretty meh. Everything felt a little too slow paced.
Weapons took too long to swing, cast times were too long, cool downs were too long, instance mobs took too long to die, gathering took forever, too much walking etc..

Although I think it was the part where I kept getting ganked by asmos every time I took any attempt to seriously level, which really put me off in the end.

I played for about 1 week, got to Lv24 or so and quit.
Quite likely I didn't give it that fair a go, but really didn't feel like playing any further.

I definitely enjoyed WoW more than I did with Aion, but honestly the games themselves are too different for a fair comparison.

And Nick NO, WoW did NOT have massive drop rates.
Imagine 3-15% drop rates for raid content, 1 attempt per week 2-6 hours per raid;
split that between 25 players, it's not entirely rare to actively raid for a year and not get the piece you wanted.
Not to mention, that is assuming you are in a guild that is even capable of handling the content.

So yeah I wouldn't exactly say WoW players were spoilt with high drop rates!

And no I stopped playing WoW aswell haha, so I'm not being bias ;]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-20-2009   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonozaki
Personally I didn't like Aion much, it's definitely pretty but to me that's about all it had going for it.
It's probably a good game, with high production values, but I didn't really enjoy it.

The problem I had was with the gameplay itself, I found it pretty meh. Everything felt a little too slow paced.
Weapons took too long to swing, cast times were too long, cool downs were too long, instance mobs took too long to die, gathering took forever, too much walking etc..

Although I think it was the part where I kept getting ganked by asmos every time I took any attempt to seriously level, which really put me off in the end.

I played for about 1 week, got to Lv24 or so and quit.
Quite likely I didn't give it that fair a go, but really didn't feel like playing any further.

I definitely enjoyed WoW more than I did with Aion, but honestly the games themselves are too different for a fair comparison.

And Nick NO, WoW did NOT have massive drop rates.
Imagine 3-15% drop rates for raid content, 1 attempt per week 2-6 hours per raid;
split that between 25 players, it's not entirely rare to actively raid for a year and not get the piece you wanted.
Not to mention, that is assuming you are in a guild that is even capable of handling the content.

So yeah I wouldn't exactly say WoW players were spoilt with high drop rates!

And no I stopped playing WoW aswell haha, so I'm not being bias ;]
Really? Getting ganked at 24 is a problem?

The abyss would be your worst nightmare ahahahaha

It definitely gets better as you level, skills get alot better later on; buffs get very helpful (20% attack and running speed, tasty), overall combat gets faster paced as you won't be waiting on cooldowns with a wide array of skills available.

Bots are plaguing servers, siel is one of the worst case from what I heard. They implemented this sort of "anti-bot" captcha system in gathering aether but seriously, it's really dumb.

11-22-2009   #23 (permalink)
Enchantress
Special

sonozaki will become famous soon enough
IGN: TomoeGozen
Class: Merc
Level: 6x
Guild: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by eD3N
Really? Getting ganked at 24 is a problem?

The abyss would be your worst nightmare ahahahaha

It definitely gets better as you level, skills get alot better later on; buffs get very helpful (20% attack and running speed, tasty), overall combat gets faster paced as you won't be waiting on cooldowns with a wide array of skills available.

Bots are plaguing servers, siel is one of the worst case from what I heard. They implemented this sort of "anti-bot" captcha system in gathering aether but seriously, it's really dumb.
Yessir, I just don't like games with ganking at all. Or rather, just tired of it.
I don't have the heart to do it to others, and I hate it when it's done to me.

And also there is quite a heavy difference between ganking and getting killed in a battleground.
It's like the difference between being raped in your sleep, or um visiting a brothel.

11-22-2009   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

I'm glad I quit before the botting epidemic. Well I quit because of lack of funds lol.

I'm playing an Aion private server and it's better than retail - no botters =o)

11-22-2009   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonozaki
Yessir, I just don't like games with ganking at all. Or rather, just tired of it.
I don't have the heart to do it to others, and I hate it when it's done to me.

And also there is quite a heavy difference between ganking and getting killed in a battleground.
It's like the difference between being raped in your sleep, or um visiting a brothel.
You don't lose exp when you die from PvP
i'd take getting ganked over dying in a fight ANYDAY :[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenalia
I'm glad I quit before the botting epidemic. Well I quit because of lack of funds lol.

I'm playing an Aion private server and it's better than retail - no botters =o)
How populated are private servers? Official servers feel empty already on some maps, can't imagine what it'd be like with 1/10 of the population

11-30-2009   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Nom nom
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunes of MagicLeague of LegendsMapleStory

Styalz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Styalz Send a message via MSN to Styalz
IGN: Amastu
Class: Dragon to_magician
Level: 19x Priest

I didn't even know private servers were up so quick.. but anyway.. I personally enjoy the game and I like the Templar class. I have to say the problem with Aion atm is that Spiritmasters are like lords of pvp and it's not based on skill really either as so many have told me.

I'm sure they'll fix that later. And as for the thing for Templars not being that fun of a class, probably in the beginning but as you continue, you'll learn to love them especially yanking those who run away from you during a pvp. More like a scorpion's get over here with captain america's shield bashing to stun ;D.

Fox | Noloty
Buffalo & Dragon | Gajeel, Amatsu : Hirouku