ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > ggFTW > Questions, Feedback & Suggestions > Administrative Requests

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-02-2010   #1 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Legend of Edda Wiki Request

I'd like to undertake the massive task of getting a Wiki running for Legend of Edda. Since its a newer game, theres interest in it.

I know how hard this is going to be to get done, but I feel we can draw some newer users to the forum via in-game chat by advertising "OH LOOK WE HAS WIKI"

The other Edda wiki currently requires you to register in like 7 places, then get approved, to be able to edit. Because of this, the wiki is VERY minimal on information.

I might be able to draw some of the members from there to here so we can collaborate and make it a solid wiki.

The wiki needs help all over, if we trash the old wikis that no one uses and bring in fresh, new wikis, we might be able to prove we deserve a button at the top.

Myself and another player pretty much filled in huge amounts of content in the Battle of Immortals Wiki. I was up to about 2000 useful edits (excluding minor edits) within a couple of months. We dissected the game adding past, present, and future content, turning the blank wiki into a page that people started to link in the forums. I feel that if I get just a little support, I can attempt to pull this off again.

So I beg you, Legend of Edda wiki please? :D

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-02-2010   #2 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

I'm VERY hesitant to do this. We currently have something like 13 game wikis. All of them started off with "OMG WE WILL CAN HAS BEST WIKI EVAR" and, well... we see how that went.

I may, however, be able to provide server space for a legend of edda wiki. I think this would be a better solution than trying to integrate it into our current infrastructure.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

11-02-2010   #3 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

If by chance it does live up to the claim, will it become its own section? :D

Also, thanks for adding it :D

11-02-2010   #4 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Um, I didn't say that I'd add it. Right now the wikis are more effort than they're worth as they are responsible for 60% of the work I have to do when adding new site-wide features and represent less than 25% of site visits.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "its own section" -- we haven't done "featured" game sections in well over a year.

I'm willing to work with you as I don't want to turn away traffic in any form -- but I need to make sure that we'll see significant return on my effort.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

11-02-2010   #5 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Oh, I misread, my bad.

Just tell me what I need to do to get started, whenever you get around to it :/