ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Administrative Requests (http://ggftw.com/forum/administrative-requests/)
-   -   Time for V2? (http://ggftw.com/forum/administrative-requests/104391-time-v2.html)

Moonflow 11-04-2011 03:56 AM

Time for V2?

I've noticed that the "What song are you listening to" thread often loads a lot slower than other threads.
I think it probably has something to do with it being 800+ pages long.
Perhaps if a mod or admin could close it and open a "What song are you listening to V2"
I'm thinking it should resolve the issue.

Jessica 11-04-2011 06:23 AM

Same problem with Message to Anyone D:

Actually, for me What are you listening to loads instantly >:

james 11-04-2011 08:34 AM

Those large threads always take slightly longer for me to load as well. :x

Adura 11-04-2011 06:10 PM

The thread you mention generates a lot of 3XX status redirects, which is compounded by the SEO-friendly URLs. Noe has to Rebuild Thread Information and perhaps Rebuild Post Cache.

Harlequin 11-04-2011 10:35 PM

They both take their time to load for me on my PC, but my cellphone pulls them up instantly.

Adura 11-05-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1632517)
They both take their time to load for me on my PC, but my cellphone pulls them up instantly.

Your cellphone browser user agent, pass me it.

Ladynoosy 11-07-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonflow (Post 1632041)
I'm thinking it should resolve the issue.

i agree with you

i notice the last page its 810..but when i click word ''last page'' its page 808 @.@

pages more then 808+ there 2 page extra :py61:

Ayumi 11-07-2011 12:10 PM

@Ladynoosy - That usually happens (sometimes) when posts are deleted in a thread. The server counts the deleted posts as it's able to see them, but since we can't view them they're not accessible to us (normal members).

I think the only way to fix this for now, would be to hard-delete the posts that were soft-deleted. In short, there is nothing on the last page for us to view.. the deleted posts might be on that last page, or somewhere random in the thread.

It's pretty much a vBulletin server error. Posting in the thread sometimes fixes it, but it'll keep coming back, especially with larger threads.

Ladynoosy 11-07-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayumi (Post 1633960)
@Ladynoosy - That usually happens (sometimes) when posts are deleted in a thread. The server counts the deleted posts as it's able to see them, but since we can't view them they're not accessible to us (normal members).

I think the only way to fix this for now, would be to hard-delete the posts that were soft-deleted. In short, there is nothing on the last page for us to view.. the deleted posts might be on that last page, or somewhere random in the thread.

It's pretty much a vBulletin server error. Posting in the thread sometimes fixes it, but it'll keep coming back, especially with larger threads.

i was sub one of the forums i liked and never had this problem ..

Well thanks for the info :py05: