Join Date: Jun 2008
/gg FTW! Blog Guide
How to Access Your Blog
From the Forums page of /gg FTW, you can find the "Your Blog" link located at the top of the page next to your Username and User CP.
This will take you to your blog homepage which will have the following options:
Do edit your blogs options, click Blog Control Panel. This will take you to your Blog Options.
Allows you to edit the preferences and permissions for your blog in the following categories:
- Default Entry Options
- Spam Prevention
- Default Subscription Mode: Blog Entries
- Default Subscription Mode: Blog Comments
- Permissions and Privacy
Blog Control Panel
Located on the left side menu, you will find your Blog Control Panel.
> Your Blog> Customize Your Blog
> Blog Title & Description
- Allows you to change the looks of your blog.
- Please refer to customizing your blog guide. [Coming Soon!]
> Blog Options
- Allows you to edit the title and add a description to your blog.
> Blog Groups
- Preferences to your blog.
> Blog Categories
- Allows you to invite members to your own blog which allows them to post to your blog.
- Shows your blog memberships.
- Allows you to add/remove members from your blog group.
- Allows you to separate your posts into separate categories of your choice.
To add a New Blog Category, click Add New Blog Categories button.
To edit or delete a Blog Category, click the edit icon next to your category title.
At the top, check the box and press delete to delete the custom category.
> Blog Sidebar
- Allows you choose the display order of the default sidebar which contains the following: Find Blog Entries by User name, Blog Categories, Recent Visitors, Recent Entries, Archive (Calendar) or Custom Block.
- Add custom block: allows you to add a personal block which can have it's own title and anything within it.
To add a custom block, click on the add custom block link.
Write a title and add text, pictures, links & etc. to your block. Press preview to preview your block or save to save your custom block changes. Your Custom Block should now be shown in the Blog Sidebar options and on your blog page.
To edit or delete a custom block, go to the blog sidebar options and click the Edit Custom Block icon next to your custom block title.
Check the "Delete Custom Block" & click Delete to delete your custom block.
> Blog Custom Pages
- Allows you to add your own custom page which you can add anything you like such as a description or a biography.
To add a custom page, click the add custom page link.
Write a title and add text, pictures, links & etc. to your page. Press preview your page or save to save your page. In the additional options, you can choose to have the custom page link in your sidebar or the top of your blog page.
To edit or delete a custom page, go to your blog custom pages ptions and click the Edit a Custom Page icon next to your custom page title.
Check the "Delete Custom Page" & click Delete to delete your custom page.
> Manage Trackbacks
- Allows you to see who links to your blog.
> Blog Subscriptions
- Allows you to subscribe to other users blogs which emails notifications if their blog has updated.
To subscribe to a user's blog, view the users blog. On the left side Options Panel, click Subscribe to this Blog.
You can then choose if you want to be notified of updates to your email.
If you wish to turn this notification on or off, go to your Blog Subscriptions Options. Check the following blog you would like to edit. From the drop down menu, choose no email notification or instant email notification & press Go.
To delete a subscription to a blog, go to your Blog Suscriptions Options. Check the following blog you would like to delete and from the drop down menu below, click the Delete Subscription option and press Go.
> Blog Entry Subscriptions
- Allows you to subscribe to a certain entry of a users blog which emails notifications if the blog entry has been updated.
To subscribe to a users blog entry, view the users blog. On the bottom, right side of the users entry, click on Subscribe to Blog Entry icon.
You can choose if you want to be notified of updates to your email.
If you wish to turn this notification on or off, go to your Blog Entry Subscriptions Options. Check the following blog entry you would like to edit. From the drop down menu, choose no email notification or instant email notification & Press Go.
To delete a subscription to a blog entry, go to your Blog Entry Subscriptions Options. check the following blog entry you would like to delete and from the drop down menu below, click the Delete Subscription option and press Go.
> Blog Statistics
- Shows the amount of blog entries, comments, & visitors of either daily, weekly, or monthly.