View Single Post
08-22-2009   #1 (permalink)
LaTale
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy
Default LaTale's Spear Warrior handbook

Hello there~
After a long time of thinking and humbling. I decided to make a small guide for spinning spear warriors. For me, the warrior class is the one I know the best, I fail at the other classes. So, why not do I guide about warriors in my own little style?
If you see any errors please point them out, I want to make this guide as good as possible~ <3

*I'm not done with the guide, so please be patient~
If you see any errors, please tell me~

[Content]
(So far)
Why warriors?
Pros and Cons with spear warriors
- Pros
- Cons
Skills

- Passive Skills
- Active skills

- Skill trees
- Concentration or Rage?

Warrior training
- Grinding
- Level 40
- Level 50
- Level 60

- Level 70
- Level 80

Tips from warriors
- Grinding
- Equipment
- Other
Credits

Why warriors?

Warriors are the strongest class in LaTale and will surely kick some monster butt. They are also very beginner frendly~ So if you're new to the game, try out the Warrior class~ Warriors uses swords, Knuckles and Spears. Though, I'd recommend you to only use Knuckles when being a knight. But it's up to you.
As said, we have the best strength in the whole game and is theirfore the best attackers. We can mob monster pretty well, but not as good as the knight who has the best Defence and HP in the game.
I like the warrior class the most in LaTale(After that comes the Explorer. ;D), We have awesome damage, awesome skills and awesome weapons. Plus if we choose to become a Blader at level 80, We have two swords, are pretty fast and awesome combos. Though, I'd say that this guide is for those who want to continue to use the spear after getting to Level 80. (Becoming a Warlord then.)

Pros & Cons with spear warriors

Pros:
We're good attackers. Strenght FTW.
We can reach the monsters pretty well with our spears.
We can attack from both the back and the front. Cool!
Our skills are flashy, awesome and does a really good amount of damage!
We're pretty fast.
Awesome combos.

Cons:
Our SP sucks.
Even though our defence & HP isn't that bad, We still have a rather big chance of dying. Which bring us to our next point:
Close combat = High chance of getting mobbed to death. Be on your watch.
Spears are weaker then Swords. Theirfore, less damage.
We don't have any good support skills. Therefore, we can't support other players. Sowwy gais. ;w;

Skills

I will only go through the Spear skill tree(and the other skills of cource), not the sword one. It's Spear guide, what did you expect?

Passive skills:

Spear Mastery [Novice]

Required Level: 1
Max Level: 5
Points Used: 1
Price: 100 Ely
Type: Passive
Description: Increases hit rate for Spears by 1% per level.
My notes: This is a MUST HAVE skill. You have to have it because 1, it icreases the hit rate for your spear and 2, you have to have it so that you can get your spear attacking skills. Don't ask, GET IT.

Spear Mastery [Skilled]

Required Level: 15
Max Level: 10
Price: 7,500 ely
Prerequisites: Spear Mastery [Novice] Level 5
Description: Increases Spear Damage by 1% per skill level.
My notes: Another, "Don't ask, just get it" skill.

Spear Mastery [Expert]

Required Level: 30
Price: 27,000 Ely
Prerequisites: Spear Mastery [Skilled] Level 10
Description: Raises skill damage of Spear attacks.
My notes: Yet another "Why are you even asking? Get it!" Skill. It rises your skill damage by 2% per level.

Strength Upgrade

Required Level: 5
Description: Increases strength by 3% per level.
My notes: Don't Have much to say about this, 3% Strength per Level? Do want~

Mind Concentration

Price: 7500 Ely
Prerequisites: Concentration Level 10
Description: Increases Evasion Rate by 1% a level.
My notes: If you're going for the Concentration skill tree, this is a must get skill. Okey~?

Scar

Required Level: 40
Price: 52000 Ely
Prerequisites: Mind Concentration Level 10
Description: A 20 second wound that continually does damage to the enemy.
My notes: The wiki says this: "Bleeding damage : 10 + 2 per skill level, hits about 13 times.". So, It's a pretty good skill. Get it if you're going for Concentration~

Rage Explosion

Required Level: 45
Price: 27000 Ely
Prerequisites: Rage
Description: Critical damage increases 5% per level while in Rage status
My notes: A must get skill if going for the Rage skill tree. The damage is <3.

Bloodthirsty Aura

Points Used: 2
Prerequisites: Threatening Gaze Level 5
Description: Raises yourself and your party member's critical damage by 2% per level
My notes: This is the ONE AND ONLY support skill a warrior have. But, I'd say that it isn't worth getting it. So, let this one skill pass.

Active skills

Windmill
Animated

Required Level: 1
Max Level: 3
SP Cost: 21
Type: Active
Prerequisites:
Spear Mastery [Novice] Level 1
Description: A skill in which the spear is spun around for a 4-hit attack that damages enemies in front of and in back.
My notes: Get it. It's not an option, GET IT. It's the basic skill in the spinning spear build. So, GET IT~ It has a pretty good reach and the monsters doesn't have to stand too close to you. But they still need to be fairly close to you.

Air Wall
Animated

Required Level: 20
SP Cost: 40
Price: 10000 Ely
Prerequisites: Windmill Level 3
Description:
A skill in which the spear is spun around for a 4-hit attack that damages enemies in front of and in back.
My notes: The second skill the the spinning spear skill tree. Get it~ No questions asked~ I'd say that this is a quite annoying attack, unlike Windmill the monsters have to be pretty close to you to get hit. Which might lead to many awkward moments with doing the skill and not hitting the monsters. Believe me, I've done that a million times. <_>

Multiple Lance
Animated

SP Cost: 66
Prerequisites: Windmill Level 3
Description: A strong 3-hit attack to enemies in front of your character.
My notes: This is probably the only skill in the Spinning spear skill tree that only hit the monsters that are infront of you. It will be a bit odd using this skill when you've just learning it, because all the skills you've had so far hits both from your front and bacl. But you'll get used to it eventually~
It's a good skill though~

Increase Lance
Animated

Required Level: 60
Points Used: 2
SP Cost: 95
Price: 126000 Ely
Prerequisites: Multiple Lance Level 3
Description: Hit enemies both in front and in back of your character, but the back range isn't so great.
My notes: As the Description says, it hits both from your back and front but the back rage isn't that good. Kinda like Windmill, then? It's an awesome skill with awesome damage, you'll love it. Because I do love it~ ;D

Concentration
Animated

SP Cost: 15
Price: 1000 Ely
Prerequisites: Strength Upgrade Level 5
Description: Increases Hit rate by 1% a level
My notes: Well, this is the basic skill in the Concentration skill tree... I don't know what more to say, I actually used Concentration at first, but changed to Rage later. But anyway, Concentration is good if you want to hit monsters more often.

Rage
Animated

SP Cost: 10
Price: 7500 Ely
Prerequisites: Strenght Upgrade Level 5
Description: Physical attack power increases by 1% per level for a certain duration
My notes: Rage is good if you want to make high damage on the monsters, but you won't hit monsters as often as when you have concentration. What a pity~

Berserker Drive

Required Level: 60
SP Cost: 160
Prerequisites:
Rage Explosion Level 10
Description: Will reduce Max HP by a certain amount, raise Max SP by 1/2 of Max HP lost, and raise strength for 60 seconds. Levels deducted/gained depend on level.
My notes: I haven't been able to get this skill yet. But from what I can see, I think it's a pretty good skill~
OKEY, I've managed to get this skill at last. It only stole all my ely but whatever~ When you put your first point into it you'll notice you won't be able to use it. If you hover you mouse/clicker on top of it you'll notice you'll need to have you HP on a certian level before you can activate it. It's a "dary" skill and you need to be fast when you use it. Because, for example, Right now my max HP is 1667(level 71, I have my cherry spear that gives me a bit more HP.), I can't use the skill until my HP is on 520, which is kinda in the danger zone, at least for me. So I'll say this, it may be an good skill, but be careful when you use it.

Overpowering Gaze

Required Level: 25
SP Cost: 30
Price: 10000 Ely
Description: Lowers targets' attack power around the caster by 2% per level
My notes: In my opinion, I don't think that you've got much use of this skill. So don't mind this one. I'd say that you only should take this skill if you feel like "dare to be different". Otherwise, no.

Threatening Gaze

Required Level: 35
SP Cost: 30
Price: 27000 Ely
Type: Actve
Prerequisites: Overpowering Gaze Level 5
Description: Lowers targets' defenses around the caster by 10% + 2% per level
My notes: Same thing as Overpowering Gaze , no need to get this~ <_>

Skill trees

*Still working here too :v*

Concentration or Rage?

A question I often hear is "Should I take Cocentration or Rage?", So I thought I should bring it up here:
Concentration and Rage are both two fantastic skills. You can however not have them at the same time. You have to choose one.
Concentration will increace your hit rate, which pretty much mean that you won't miss so often. You will however do less damage then a person with Rage. Rage will increase physical attack power, which pretty much means you'll do ALOT of damage while having it activated. You'll however miss more often then a person with Concentrations.
It's a rather hard choice, as I said, they are both two fanstasic skills. If I had to recommend one of those, I'd say Rage. But it's completely up to you to decide.
So what do you want?
Do you want to hit more often but do less damage?
Do you want to do more damage but hit less often?
It's completely up to you.

Last edited by LaTale; 09-11-2010 at 05:13 AM.