View Single Post
08-04-2009   #52 (permalink)
Noperative
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fineti
Sounds good!

For all of my wiki editing I just copied how you or someone else did it, so it's not that I'm skilled or something.
I'm actually pretty confused about this category business. I don't think I've ever done it before, so I have no idea how to start. ;_;
Well, categorization is just basically adding a link that links back to the category, but this link always shows up at the bottom.

To add some thing to a category, just put [[Category:(Category Name)]].
For example, a Pururu is a Neutral type monster found in all the directions, you would put:
[[Category:Monsters]]
[[Category:Neutral Monsters]]
[[Category:North Monsters]]
etc.

It's best to add categories in no include tags...
<noinclude>
[[Category:Monsters]]
[[Category:Neutral Monsters]]
[[Category:North Monsters]]
</noinclude>

As well as changing the entry's name. The monster pages have Monster: in front of the names, entering the categories the way they are would result in a bunch of pages under the M. [[Category:Monsters|Pururu]] would add it as Pururu and put it under the P.

<noinclude>
[[Category:Monsters|Pururu]]
[[Category:Neutral Monsters|Pururu]]
[[Category:North Monsters|Pururu]]
</noinclude>

That's how categories work U:

Last edited by Noperative; 08-05-2009 at 02:09 PM.