View Single Post
06-19-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
BeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to BeanMarine Send a message via MSN to BeanMarine
Guild: [JW]
Lightbulb Summer Reading Suggestions

Despite taking courses over the summer, I'll still have 4 day weekend (yay for TWR classes), which means plenty of time to sit back in a cozy chair and fall back into the habit of casual reading.

I have no idea where to start, though, so I'd really appreciate it if you guys suggested some books to me.

My tastes fall mostly in Fantasy and Sci-fi, but I appreciate any genre so long as it's well written (I've read several very good horror books and historical fiction--especially about Alexander the Great).

I enjoy plenty of plot-twists that leave me going "WTF???", because it forces me to read the book again, haha. I also appreciate plots with some angst, a touch of romance, action, and good character development! Length-wise, I like books that are 300+ pages because I don't like buying short books and finishing them the next day .__.

Um... to give you a taste of what I like here is my own list: ^___^ maybe someone will end up liking these books, too!!! we should have a MOG book club
Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite
Wraethu by Storm Constantine
The Night Runner Series by Lynn Flewelling
Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner
The Persian Boy by Mary Renault

Thank you ahead in advance! And happy summer reading