View Single Post
06-10-2009   #4 (permalink)
Light
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Preparing to edit a skill texture

All textures are located in the Mappings Folder, and most skills/effects are located in the Mapping/Effects folder.
Note that some skills will have similar names, unless you have the thumbnail viewer it may take you time to find the skill you wish to edit.
Also take note that some skills have many effects into one, so you may need to edit more then one texture at a time.

For this demonstration, I will be editing Eir's Moonpieces. [Just the pieces itself, not the "tail"]

1. First step is to find the file, using the thumbnail viewer you can find Eir's moonpiece in the Mapping\Effect\Main Folder under the name of MoonBolt.dds

Important Note: Be sure to back up any files you plan to modify.

2. Make a copy of file you wish to modify in a backup folder, this is important if anything goes wrong.
Double click the original file, and Photoshop will open.

------------------------

Doing a simple colour edit

So for this colour tutorial I will turn the Moonpiece from Purple to Green.

3. In photoshop, hit the keys Ctrl+U to open the Hue/Saturation window.
Adjust the Hue to change the colour, and adjust the Saturation to change the colours brightness, and adjust the Lightness to adjust the Contrast of the image.

Continue to play with the Hue/Saturation till you are satisfied with the colour result.

Ex. My Green Moonpiece

4. When satisfied, it's time to save. Go into File -> Save as.
This part can be confusing at first, but easy to do once you know how.

When at the name screen, the name should be the same as the original file. Be sure that Alpha channels is checked! Otherwise the effect will be ruined.

After that you get the DDS format window.
For this you just set it to:
Code:
DXT3         ARGB   8 bpp | explicit alpha
It should look like this when completed-

Then hit save, and that should be it!
Time to test it out!

Experiment all you like, once you get the hang of doing colour edits, and you wish to take on the task of completely changing it, you may continue on to the next tutorial.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Last edited by Light; 06-10-2009 at 10:57 PM.