Gameplay issues - Display
1. Directx 9 renderer initialization has been failed. You may reboot this computer, and try again.
- This indicates probably you've graphics card drivers problem, or outdated.
- Please update your graphics card drivers here - Graphics card drivers update
2. Corrupted, choppy or probably "rainbow" like gibberish lines after launching Dragonica.
- Is your graphics card drivers properly installed? Can you launch other games and play it fine? If not, please uninstall the existing graphics card drivers, and download the new one from here - Graphics card drivers update
- Note for users who have ATi 9550 - You probably will have issues with ATi's 9.3 Catalyst driver, if so, please use the ATi's Catalyst 9.2 instead.
3. How to change the video resolution?
- You can do this via the Option button on the launcher.
4. Full Screen? Windowed?
Manual file editing
- Go to MENU->OPTION
- Click on ON on FULL SCREEN and click OK.
5. Game running too fast?
Go to your game directory and this directory, normally located at C:\Program Files\IAHGames\Dragonica\Release [might changes depends on where you installed it]
- Locate this file "Config.xml" and use notepad to edit it.
- Search this line
<ITEM NAME="FULL_SCREEN" VALUE="1" />
- Change the value to 2
<ITEM NAME="FULL_SCREEN" VALUE="2" />
- Save it and launch your Dragonica Online again.
- This should start in Windowed mode afterward.
- If you're using AMD dual-core processor, did you applied the patch yet? Available here - Technical Download Details
- If you're not, then check on your graphics card settings, try check and enable V-Sync option
- Try update your graphics card drivers as well.
- If you're using latest drivers, try reverting to previous version if it works, else submit a ticket on IAHGames's support site.
6. Pink screen background, maps, background colours changed or displayed something else.
- Try turning off some display function within game Option.
- Tried to update your graphics card drivers as well?
- Try uninstall and re-install your Dragonica Online.
7. Can't chat? Files missing?
- Locate your Dragonica folder.
- Delete Patcher.ID
- Launch the patcher.
8. Game start error..."The requested operation requires elevation".
- Right-click on the game icon/shortcut.
- Run as administrator.