View Single Post
06-04-2009   #1 (permalink)
theSinned
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
MabinogiMapleStoryFantasy Earth ZeroLunia

theSinned is a jewel in the roughtheSinned is a jewel in the roughtheSinned is a jewel in the rough
Default Sinned's Ryan Skill Guide

****DAMAGE MAY BE OFF [Updated damage to 7/19 kLunia Test server]

So third guide for Lunia except this is probably the worst one IMO because characters are getting fairly simplier with each new one so I really couldn't find much to look through.
Formatted similar like my other two guides (Dacy and Yuki). Like I said before If you didn't like that format then get out before it's too late. Remember to check out other guides to see what fits out best for your play style based on other people's experience with that skill too .

This guide is not to be reprinted, stolen, plagiarized or any illegal business without permission or bribery.
No loopholes are to be exploited either.

Special Note
-When I say PVP,stage,etc. i mean Pure build excluding 8v8 because that will not give you level xp and people usually leave RB on. (Although with a pure PvP build you can still hold your own in staging, especially with Ryan)
-REMEMBER- You are not limited to my recommendations. The point of having this is to help Ryan players decide their build and getting skill info.
-Because Ryan has a more linear curve in his skills (unlike the first 5-6 characters) I will not be putting the (65-) information that I did in my Dacy guide (kind of like my Yuki Guide)
-My information on rebirth is not that good as I'm not a big myther
-For all lazy purposes, I'm referring Diversion Shot, Left Side Slide Shot, Right Side Slide Shot as Movement Shots
-ALL DAMAGES ARE BASED OFF OF 278STR (8%).

Credits (because this is easier to do then other sections I did it early)
-Random people posting little tidbits of info on Ryan
-IJJI - for being evil but released Ryan (89coins >_>)
-Lunia - for wasting my precious time and money
-Guildies - Helping me decide a bit on skills (in my case its not that I didn't have enough points to use, its that I had too many)
-Buta - Adding things i missed
-Yumiko - helped fix something

People with permission to reprint this guide
LynxHaru - MMOG Username, translating for Brazil Lunia

Gatling Skills
Lv2 Rapid Shot
What it does- Spray 11 bullets at a 60 degree angles (i think)

*Bullets go rather far (180range)
*11 Shots where Ryan points his gun and moves it back and forth
*Hits Vary on distance of target and size of target
*Can be cancelled with dash
*Real time killer, 3seconds to use whole thing if you don't cancel
*7 second cooldown

Lv1 - 6~7x hit
Lv11 (Max)- 106~118 x Hit

Stage - 0,1,Max (Decent Mob Control, not really recommended getting because of how slow it can be but if all shots hit, that's pretty good damage over 7seconds and ready again in 4seconds)
PvP - 0,1 (Hard to get into a combo, long range may help against running enemies or defensive play but otherwise no real use. IT IS POSSIBLE to get most if not all shots in an air combo using a wall however)
Hybrid - 0,1 (Depending on your choice, personally I'd go with 0 to use points in other skills)

Lv4 Concentrated Shot
What it does- Shoot 5 shots to air an enemy

*Large range infront of user
*Will hit 5 times at most
*If hit, skill will still continue
*Long start up time, leaves vulnerable
*10s Cooldown

Lv1 - 19~21 x Hit
Lv11 (Max) - 219~243 x Hit

Stage - 0,1,Max (Reason for max - damage, it has a fairly nice area to rack up damage on a mob otherwise mob control at 1 point. You don't necessarily need this for staging either as monsters are much stupider anyway)
PvP - 1,Max (You're going to want atleast 1 point in this because of its defensive abilities or predicting movement or finishing shot ,Max for damage but harder than other skills to use in a combo starter/continuer)
Hybrid - 1,Max (Depending on if you want to save points and how much you like the skill. I'm going with what Yumiko says about leaving this at 1 just because have better choices)

Lv7 Diversion Shot
What it does- Shoots while rolling backwards

*Dash+Skill Cancellable
*Good for evasion
*Shoots 5 bullets
*Really far range (300 range)
*10s CD

Lv1 - 19~21 x Hit
Lv10 (max) - 155~172 x Hit

All Builds - 1 (Good evasion+combo technique)

Lv11 Right Side Slide Shot
What it does- Shoots while rolling to the right

*Invincibility Frames at the beginning, good for quick evasions
*Dash+Skill Cancellable
*Can be used in a combo to shift
*Bullets induct (curve) a bit towards the right (future patch makes the induction higher) *thank Buta for this, i really had no idea what induction meant lol
*Shoots 7 Bullets
*10s CD

Lv1 - 36~40 x Hit
Lv11 (Max) - 208~232 x Hit

All Builds - 1 (Good evasion+combo technique, invincibility frames+fast cast)

Lv16 Left Side Slide Shot
What it does- Shoots while rolling to the left

*Invincibility Frames at the beginning, good for quick evasions
*Dash+Skill Cancellable
*Can be used in a combo to shift
*Bullets induct (curve) a bit towards the left (future patch makes the induction higher) *thank Buta for this, i really had no idea what induction meant lol
*Shoots 7 Bullets
*10s CD

Lv1 - 47~53 x Hit
Lv11 (Max) - 205~228 x Hit

All Builds - 1 (Good evasion+combo technique, invincibility frames+fast cast)

Lv22 Impartial Shot
What it does- Spin around shoot bullets

*Can be skilled cancelled
*Hits a large radius around oneself
*Doesn't hit your spot (EAT THAT BODY TRAPPERS)
*Hits depend on distance and air position, not sure if size of target counts too
*Shoots 20 shots
*20 Second Cooldown

Lv1 - 63~70 x Hit
Lv11 (Max) - 212~236 x Hit

All Builds- Max (Very good AoE for stages, not hard to control and good to combo with at walls)

[b]Grenade Skills[/u]
**These skills are all fire type
Lv20 Iron bomb
What it does- Shoot a bomb that stuns

*Possible 3 hits on normal sized targets
*Stuns on impact of ground
*Can continue after ground impact hit to continue air combo although you lose stun getup
*20s Cooldown

Lv1 - 173~192 x Hit
Lv11 (Max) - 659~732 x Hit

Stage - 0,1,Max (0,1 if you're getting rebirth version and dont want both. Maxed for stage otherwise imo, damage racks up pretty easily with this)
PvP- 1, Recommended Max (Only reason to keep at maxed is for damage as its high but people can avoid unless you combo it in air which is really recommended for hax damage output)
Hybrid- 1,Max (Good to have, I really say Max because of the damage and capabilities however)

Lv24 Burning Land
What it does- Shoot bombs over a wide area's ground

*Bombs seem to progressively move foward as more is shot
*10 Bombs shot, amount of hits depend on distance and size
*Hits targets laying on ground
*Even if a few shots are propelled, they don't do anything unless they actually land (forgot to mention, thank Buta)
*15s Cooldown

Lv1 - 124~138 x Hit
Lv11 (Max) - 396~440 x Hit

Stage - 1,Max (Very nice AoE skill, only reason to keep it at 1 is because its easily cancelled)
PvP - 0,1,Max (Unless you stun somebody, it'll be hard to rack up damage although you can still hit with it. And if you do stun them, you get better output out of Amplified Rail Gun. Ground reset may also be possible with this)
Hybrid - 0,1,Max (This decides mostly on preference. Personally I'd say 0 or 1 for Hybrids because the points have so much better use elsewhere.)

Lv28 Bullet of Death
What it does- Shoots a bomb/missile

*Sends a bullet/bomb like Ryan's AAAS or dAS except longer range and more delay before shooting
*If missed, will continue until it explodes on its own. Don't think that will hit anything
****Future Patch - The explosion actually hits things nearby, meaning that giant puff will actually do something to things nearby it
*25s Cooldown

Lv1 - 195~216dmg
Lv11 (Max) - 520~577dmg

Stage- 0,1 (not very good for mobbing or AoE, maybe just for the range explosion but otherwise bleh)
PvP - 0,1 (not very good in general, can be used in air combo but easy to avoid otherwise)
Hybrid- RECOMMEND 0,1 (Points are better off elsewhere, save it move on with your life)

Lv32 Flame Impact
What it does- Shoots a giant explosion infront of you

*Think of it as a large slow DFist that doesn't push you foward with less damage output but lower cooldown
*Can be dash cancelled before animation shows up but damage will still occur
*Can be skill cancelled at any point
*15s Cooldown

Lv1 - 329~406
Lv11 (Max) - 764~848

Stage- 0,1(1 is good enough as your only possible hard knockdown skill but since you have 2 freeze skills you might not even want this skill)
PvP - 0,1(most people who know what they're doing won't get hit by this usually but it has a large burst area. However its possible to end a combo this with enough air so damage might not be bad)
Hybrid- 0,1(You can live without it but its still nice to have, 300damage for a giant explosion infront of you is always nice to have for 1pt, the hard knockdown can always help too)

Lv37 Sulfer Rain
What it does- Shoots bombs to the sky to rain down

*Shoots at most 10 bombs (i think) in the sky which will rain down on enemies
*Bombs may overlap a certain area which will cause a target to gain more air and more hits in
*Leaves you vulnerable to attack
*Bombs shot already may land despite being hit during cast (forgot to mention, thank Buta)
*25s Cooldown

Lv1 - 254~282 x Hit
Lv10 (Max) - 520~577 x Hit

Stage- 1,Max (VERY good AoE skill, at lv1 the damage is sufficient but due to its slowness, to max you'd need to really either need a good team or a good stratagy to use it properly without getting cancelled)
PvP- 1 (Good for defensive purposes and finishing off low hp people, may be used in combo but certain angles may make it hard)
Hybrid- 1 (Leave it at 1 for its uses)

LV42 Magma Explosion
What it does- Shoots a bomb at the ground to air enemies

*Gives a big air boost on contact
*15s Cd

Lv1 - 433~481
Lv11 (Max)- 753~837

Stage - 1,Max (Main reason I see to keep it in stage is to create distance between enemies and you while doing decent damage. However it isn't as easy to land it in stage due to its somewhat lower level of range when you're faced with a mob)
PvP- 1,Max (Main reason to use this in PvP is for the height, damage increase is nice too as you may use this a lot)
Hybrid - 1, Max (I'd say to keep 1 in it for its uses but if you can actually utilize it well feel free to max)

Hi

Last edited by theSinned; 08-03-2009 at 04:52 PM.