View Single Post
06-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
Teleclast
No

Teleclast is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Teleclast Send a message via MSN to Teleclast
Default [To:Sysops] BBcode for the wiki?

I've spoken with a few people and have worked out getting gwBBCode to work for other games, and I was wondering if you guys would be up to putting it on the forums?

gwBBCode is basically a database that allows you to hover over skills (using overLib) and gives you popups of the skill's description based on your level. It also has a system that will allow you to make 'builds' using these popups.

In my opinion I think it would be an amazing edition to MyMMOG and set it even further as it's setting the standards for what a fansite (network) should be.

I'm guessing that the Sysops and NoeJeko himself would have to sign off on something like this, so I just wanted you guys to be aware of it.

I've been offered to have it installed by Tor of PvX who set it up there.

If you guys want to have a look at the files that it is comprised of, they are here

Quote:
You simply include PvXcode.php in LocalSettings and everything should
work fine from that point.

I imagine you'd also want to change the skill databases, if this is to
be for a different game, those are stored in gwbbcode/skill_db_1.php
and gwbbcode/skill_db_2.php.
It's very simple to setup, not too hard to make specific to a game (In this case, several games, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to make multiple skill databases from the one, but it shouldn't be too hard)

I've purposefully been boning up on my PHP to be able to provide a 'sample' of this directed towards one of the MMOG games, however I don't have any yet, I have a previously made quick attempt at a MapleStory remake that I could show however.