View Single Post
07-29-2008   #1 (permalink)
VorpalBunny
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to horribly fail an attack

First of all, you send your attack fleet well before your blockade. It's a great way to waste your gold. Normally, doing nothing and sending them home would be the correct course of action. But what if you want a counter attack? Send all the ships on a 6 minute tour of the coast and keep the harbor free for your guests. That way, they can sail right into oblivion:

In this case, I am rather disappointed. Only a bit over a third of his landing forces got obliterated, and I expected closer to a 60% kill rate. Of course, I lost nothing. To make matters worse, my other town used all action points on a long term pillage, leaving me no choice but to send some guests home. The real pain comes when I raid the towns in my counterattack to hunt down any remaining survivors. Remember kids, you can't spell slaughter without laughter