View Single Post
05-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
AkiTsugi
/gg FTW! Lurker
Awards Event Winner

AkiTsugi is on a distinguished road
Default Knight

Knight --- [Knight100]

This is the Knight section of the guide. It will be split into the following parts:

Table of Contents
  1. Commentary------------[Knight110]
  2. Skills---------------------[Knight120]
    • Skill Builds-------[Knight121]
  3. Leveling Up--------------[Knight130]
  4. Combos------------------[Knight140]
  5. PvP-----------------------[Knight150]
  6. Tips and Tricks---------[Knight160]
  7. Job Advancement ------[Knight170]

Commentary --- [Knight110]
Knights get more stabled than Warriors. With a strong defense and high hp. That's basically the only difference between Knight and a Warrior. Most of your skills become defensive skills or defensive buffs. You get limited attack skills, but your main goal as a Knight is to stay alive while you rank up damage. No need to run away or stop attacking, just block, dodge and defend while you keep on attacking. As a Knight it's really hard to choose your skills... as you have very limited SP, and so many skills to choose from. I suggest resetting at LV19 and keep some skills you want over til you get good ones in your second job, then at lv 30 or so use the Skill Reset you got from 2nd job and remove some of your 1st job skills to make room for second job skills. For Knights I don't suggest removing Sword Mastery, nor Storm Blade as it's the only Aerial technique you have. I will explain skills now and you think of your own builds, I will post A complete skill build including first job as a reference. I think some skills should cost less! Or at least the Aerial Smackdown and Aerial Blow shouldn't cost anything! That and I saw pCBT and saw that Spear Jab did 6 hits, what happened to that... now it's weaker than Storm Blade, we don't have many attack skills and they break our only good one.

Skills --- [Knight120]

This video was created by Nuglar. Yes Nuglar from IAHgames. All credit should go to him.

• Shield Mastery
    Quote:
    Max Level: 5
    Skill Points Needed Per Level: 20
    Required Level: 20 Level Able to be Maxed: 32
    Prerequisite skills: -
    Targeted Enemies: Self Pasive
    Description: Increase blocking rate by 3% and defense by +50. LV1 (+3% +30 Def every level)
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Aerial Smackdown
    Quote:
    Max Level: 1
    Skill Points Needed Per Level: 15 (I wish it wouldn't cost anything or at least 5SP)
    Required Level: 20 Level Able to be Maxed: 20
    Targeted Enemies: 1????
    Description: Perform a mid-air then press the attack button to smack down the target into the ground and cause damage to nearby enemies.
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Aerial Blow
    Quote:
    Max Level: 1
    Skill Points Needed Per Level: 15 (This skill I really really wish it was no SP)
    Required Level: 20 Level Able to be Maxed: 20
    Targeted Enemies: 10
    Description: After an air combo attack, a toy hammer is pulled out and attacks up to 10 enemies to knock them down on the ground. For mid-air use only.
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Shoulder Tackle
    Quote:
    Skill Points Needed Per Level: 15
    Required Level: 21 Level Able to be Maxed: 33
    Prerequisite skills: Aerial Smackdown LV1
    Targeted Enemies: 5/6/7/8/9
    Description: Charge up to 5 enemy targets and launch them into the air.
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Parry
    Quote:
    Required Level: 22 Level Able to be Maxed: 34
    Prerequisite skills: Shield Mastery LV1
    Targeted Enemies: Any
    Description:Increase Block rate by 5%. Effect also applies to sword type weapons. (+3% each level)
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Impervion
    Quote:
    Required Level: 21 Level Able to be Maxed: 33
    Prerequisite skills: Aerial Blow LV1
    Targeted Enemies: Self
    Description: Endure any attack effect such as knockback, flip, or stun but still take 100% of damage. (For 10(A) seconds, and 20 second cooldown, A+2, 2(A+2 each level)
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Spear Jab
    Quote:
    Required Level: 23 Level Able to be Maxed: 35
    Prerequisite skills: Shoulder Tackle LV1
    Targeted Enemies: 6/7/8/9/10
    Description: Cast a 5 Combo attack on X enemies and knock them down.
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Revenge
    Quote:
    Required Level: 23 Level Able to be Maxed: 35
    Prerequisite skills: Impervion LV1
    Targeted Enemies: ALL
    Description: Cast a thorn shield around oneself which consumes 12 MP per 2 seconds. 30% of any attack will be felt by the attacker. (70% at max!)
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Increased Defense
    Quote:
    Skill Points Needed Per Level: 10
    Required Level: 24 Level Able to be Maxed: 36
    Prerequisite skills: Parry LV1
    Description: Increase the size of your head and sacrifice your good looks but in return you'll get an increase in physical defense by +60. (+180 when MAXED!)
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Giant Growth
    Quote:
    Skill Points Needed Per Level: 10
    Required Level: 26 Level Able to be Maxed: 38
    Prerequisite skills: Increase Defense LV1
    Description: Add +500 to Max HP. (2100HP at MAX!)
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Pressure
    Quote:
    Required Level: 27 Level Able to be Maxed: 39
    Prerequisite skills: Spear Jab LV2
    Targeted Enemies: 8/9/10/11/12
    Description: Drop a heavy weight on X enemy targets and launch them in the air.
    Feedback
    Spoiler!
  • Body Activation
    Quote:
    Required Level: 27 Level Able to be Maxed: 39
    Prerequisite skills: Giant Growth LV1
    Description: Permanently increase Max HP by 8%. (+3% each level)
    Feedback
    Spoiler!

Skill Builds --- [Knight121]
Note these skill builds will be after higher level 30+ resets I left the pre-knight builds in the Warrior Section from there on until now do as you like.

Total SP at LV 39 = 760 + 10 SP already put into Blow which will not be counted.

Sword Mastery LV5 - 50SP
Storm Blade LV5 - 100SP
Hammer Crush LV5 - 50SP
Cutdown LV1 = 20SP
Total for first job = 220SP
760-220 = 540SP for left for second job

Shield Mastery LV5 - 100SP
Aerial Smackdown LV1 - 15SP
Shoulder Tackle LV 1 - 15 SP
Parry LV 5 - 75 SP
Spear Jab LV 5 - 100SP
Total for for now = 305SP
540-305 = 235SP

Increase Defense LV5 = 50 SP
Giant Growth LV5 = 50SP
Pressure LV5 = 75SP
Total for Now = 175SP
235-175SP = 60SP

At which at that points you got 60SP left. If I messed up somewhere please tell me.

There's not much you can do with 60 SP but things I don't recommend it on is Shoulder Tackle since you got Pressure now. Body Activation since you still won't have over 10.000HP and if you do you can reduce the SP points from Giant Growth because you won't be able to max it with 60 SP anyways. 60SP will leave it at LV3 and to get 2100HP+ from 15% you would need at least 14,000HP without buffs and armor.

That only leaves the last skill set... Sadly the Aerial Blow costs 15 SP so that already leaves you with 45SP. That gives you to raise 2 skills I suggest one in Impervion IF you want to use the SP if not save for third job. Revenge isn't that useful at the moment so I recommend saving the SP. Which will make you stay with one in Impervion, with only 25 SP to carry out for third job. Gladiator's don't have it this hard.

As a Paladin you'd probably go back take away Increase Defense away as Paladins get a % skill and a new defense buff. Put Giant Growth to LV1, which will give with those two down 80 extra SP points, which with 20 extra you can MAX Body Activation, and will probably be removing Hammer Crush as you will get a -80% movement speed skill (Or so the site says) towards enemies. Hammer Crush will always be good IMO. I haven't found out a way to dig out points for Revenge as of yet. Might be after LV 80+ unless fourth job skill suck. Maybe then there will be more replacements for older skills and everything will work out.

Leveling Up! --- [Knight130]

If you haven't read the Warrior guide on curious on how to level faster, you probably already know how. There are no special tricks to leveling that I know of, just the basics always be in a party, always train in Mission Maps. After I got second job I just went to White Tooth did F1-F4 and keep on doing F4 until most of our people got to LV23 then we kicked off right away after doing F5 for the Hero quest and headed for Alvida, she was dangerous so we stayed at F3 until we all got to LV25 where we got our new weapon, then kept doing F4 and F4 leveling. If you have a good party it doesn't matter being a little under the normal level in a Mission map. In White Tooth and Alvida it's really easy to get S ranks and might find part of your set. Keep doing this for Every Mission map afterwards and you shouldn't have a problem leveling. Remember to be in a party and cash in your friend points for experience once in a while.

In MMs there is always large mobs as a warrior but warrior's weakness in combo-ing is distance. Use Shoulder Dash or Sword Dance to keep up Combo from far away. There's also Aerial Smackdown if you know how to use it. With Spear Jab you can gather quite a few combos from a mob, just keep the combo for some extra experience. Also, it might be hard but since bosses after have infinite spawn mobs trying to finish with a God-Like combo so you can get also extra experience from the boss when you kill him.

Again this isn't leveling but it helps level, make sure you do WANTED quests even if you refuse to do the others. Normal questing doesn't give much money but remember if a quest is assigned for a monster that's in a Mission Map always get them. I haven't seen a really good quest guide otherwise I'd reference it to see what skills you will get at what point.

Combos --- [Knight140]
I will only explain combos that use at least one Knight skill. These combos may have weird skill builds but they are just to get an idea of what can be combo'd. No specific Aerial Combo section but there are Aerial combos included.

Shoulder Tackle + Storm Blade + Hammer Crush + Spear Jab if Stunned, or Pressure instead, jump Atk+Atk+Aerial Blow+ Cutdown + Hammer Crush + Spear Jab if stunned.

Sword Dance + Spear Jab before they fall + Pressure + Storm Blade + Jump + Aerial Blow

Aerial Smack Down + Jump + Atk +Atk + Aerial Blow + Pressure + Storm Blade + Hammer Crush + Spear Jab + Hammer Crush + Shoulder Tackle + Storm Blade

Non-launching enemy combos

Sword Dance + Shoulder Tackle to get on their back + Spear Jab + Hammer Crush + Sword Dance + Shoulder Tackle + Spear Jab

Shoulder Tackle + Hammer Crush + Sword Dance + Spear Jab + Pressure + Crush Hammer

Those are some way to combo different moves now that you know you can combo those moves make your own favorite combo that fits your skill build.

PvP --- [Knight150]

First up I will talk about Knights skills in PvP and how they can be useful. I'll only talk about buffs or attack skills not any passive ones.

Aerial Smackdown
- This skill is quite useful, lets you dive into the enemy from far away and it does launch them a little. If you keep pressing jump while using this skill you can actually combo it with an aerial combo or a Aerial Blow if you time it right. The launch is verry little but enough to do an aerial combo by press jump all the time. it seems to be a glitch as if you land and jump you wont be able to make the combo but if you keep pressing it as soon as you hit the ground you'll be lifted up. It's kinda hard to pull off in PvP but its really useful to get up close and hurt at the same time. It has nice distance which most people will overlook and forget you an dive no matter how many times you do it, you'll get them by surprise. This is sort of a must skill so it's kinda just put there for PvP. Again I wish this skill wouldn't cost SP.

Aerial Blow - Not really a good skill for PvP as you launch them in the air you'll probably want to use Storm Blade. But if for some reason they are re-launched and you don't have Storm Blade you can air combo and finish it with this. Also note that this has a nice range as much as a regular hammer and up to 10 enemies so in party PvP this can actually be used.

Shoulder Tackle
- One of the ace in the hole of a Knight. This skill is exceptionally good in PvP for it's uses not it's damage. Okay so as I mentioned before, you can use this to get away from an attack. You can't get hurt when you're doing this skill so if there's an archer just get a bit close and bam shoulder Dash, Storm Blade and do not let them out of your sight! Archers can be deadly in PvP when 1v1.Not only do you not get hurt by the arrows you also get close distance with them and if you manage to hit you launch them straight for a combo. Always keep this in a shortcut at LV1 is still good.

Impervion - Okay this skill can be really useful in PvP as you get no knockback or knock down. Archers anyone? Just rush straight into them and smack them. Of course you should be taking all the damage from every single arrow walking towards them as you do take 100% of the damage. but instead jump towards them and they can't launch you. Make sure you have a nifty combo, as since no knockback you don't have to worry about it getting interrupted. Even for 10 seconds its enough to jump in there combo and be half way through your combo or done before you run out Impervion. Remember that KB and KD also help so you don't take damage so if you're not hitting them you're opened for constant damage, especially in party PvP if you're taking care of one of them, someone else might constantly be attacking you as you combo.

Spear Jab - Strong move in PvP if you can manage to land it on the opponent. Since it's pretty much short range you will probably have to stun or Impervion to get that close. It's probably your best melee skill so if you're up close and can land a hit I recommend this move. The damage is pretty decent for PvP more than it should be.

Revenge - Is a good move at MAX level, if you have a PvP build this is definitely good in PvP. 70% Damage back at the opponent with how much HP you have as long as you have 30% more HP than they do is almost a sure win. Of course don't depend on it and all you have to do is get in a few hits and it's sure victory. This is a really good move but it's not worth the Skill Points at this level.

Giant Growth - +2100HP for 15 minutes cannot hurt.

Pressure - Why do all the good moves tend to be so short range and hard to hit with? Well as a Knight your defense and HP let you get up close and personal, just find a way to combo this skill in, it's also a launch skill to combo with Storm Blade. Suggest is get them by surprise, use Shoulder Tackle to get behind them. Use this skill also when the enemy is falling down as there is a little delay if you time it right the KD'd enemy will be re-launched and opened for an air combo.

Against other Knights.
Spoiler!
Against Gladiators.
Spoiler!

I will update more for other classes as I gain more experience. For now check the skills section to see which is better for what job.

Tips and Tricks - [Knight160]

Spoiler!

Job Advancement! --- [Knight170]

Job Advancement towards a Paladin can be made at LV40, yes so soon. So nourish you SP, and check out the skills at the Dev Site. Will update as I know more about it.

Last edited by AkiTsugi; 05-26-2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Knight section done more updates in Open Beta. Fixed Skill Build Mistake. Updated! Put up Warrior/Knight Skills video done by Nuglar.