View Single Post
05-13-2009   #1 (permalink)
icefirey
MMOG Lurker

icefirey is on a distinguished road
Default Simple Hunter Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefirey
For the Hunter build, I would say there is three types to play with, naming PvP,PvE and Pv(P+E).

The PvP Build

As an Archer, you will need the following skills.
-Rising Arrow Lv.1
-Anti-air Shot Lv.5
-Bow Mastery Lv.5
-Shootdown Lv.1
-Re-launch Lv.1 ( a option )

Then as a Hunter, you will need these.
-Bird Watching Lv.5
-Bleed Lv.1/3 ( Depending )
-Acid Arrow Lv.5
-Advanced Bow Mastery Lv.5
-Arrow Shower Lv.1
-Rocket Launcher Lv.1/3 ( the second option of relaunch )
-Wolf Rush Lv.5
-Net bind Lv.1 ( an option, real good PvP archers won't need this )

If you are asking why these skills, it is actually for those PURE PvP build Hunters, and they are more dependant on their 3rd job skills for leveling.

The PvE build

-Rising Arrow Lv.1
-Anti-air Shot Lv.1/5 ( Depending )
-Bow Mastery Lv.5

-Bird Watching Lv.5
-Arrow Shower Lv.5
-Rocket Launcher Lv.5
-Wolf Rush Lv.5

Very little skills, for that it concentrates on leveling, and with the mass amount of skill points they have, they have more skills to select for 3rd job.

The Pv(P+E) Build

-Rising Arrow Lv.1
-Anti-air Shot Lv.5
-Bow Mastery Lv.5
-Shootdown Lv.1 ( optional )
-Re-launch Lv.1 ( optional )

-Bird Watching Lv.5
-Arrow Shower Lv.5
-Rocket Launcher Lv.1/5 ( the option to Re-launch )
-Wolf Rush Lv.5
-Bleed Lv.1/3 ( optional, must see first )
-Acid Arrow Lv.5
-Net Bind Lv.1( look at the description at the PvP part )

Concentrated on the like ALL the 2nd job skills. It suffers quite badly when it reaches 3rd job, but 3rd job doesn't have any good skills anyway, which all the 3rd job skills are like traps and a bird that flies down and bomb your enemies, not as good as your 2nd job skills.

Why these skills?
For some of the skills, it is quite self-explanatory. Rising Arrow, the max you can hit with your Anti-air shot is 3, why bother wasting your skill points? Anyway you have tons of nice party mates who will throw your mobs into the air for you.^^

Another thing is the Bleed and Acid Arrow. Acid Arrow is a MUST, for that it reduces your enemies' def. Lower defense for them equals more damage for you. ( At Acid Arrow Lv.5, the effect is a debuff of 30% of defense, its like you can do your attack+that 30% amount ) But for Bleed, some say its bad, for that the DoT( damage over time ) is low, but I say it would be best to raise it to Lv.3, which you can hit people that is lying down, helpful when the enemy is dying, and you can't hit it with Re-launch ( sometimes you will not even touch the enemy due to parallex error ) and before your Rocket Launcher comes down it is gone, but Acid Arrow can also do the job for you. ( Not quite sure, for me I am trying out the Pv(P+E) build since 3rd job isn't quite available )

Talking about Rocket Launcher, it is a option to Re-launch as it can do the same thing, and hit more than Re-launch. For Re-launch you would need the Shootdown, which sometimes its helpful and sometimes its not ( sometimes by when it shoots the enemy is gone already ). Anyway Rocket Launcher is helpful when doing mission when you have to fight many mobs, you can use it to block the mass amount of mobs, but for Re-launch it is only feasible for PvP.

Actually there are more reasons for the skills I chose, but I am too lazy to write. -.-

Combos
Combo maker - AS -> RL -> AS -> RL -> Repeat
Alternative to Rising Arrow, works best when your RL is Lv.3 - AS -> RL -> WR ( Do it before the rocket hits ) -> AAS

The End.

P.S. : The skills are according to CBT, so the description of skills from other threads is totally different, and I am not sure if it will be changed by OBT....
And ... I forgotten something that I am suppose to write.. Oh I remember. The builds that I listed, should be more preferably as a reference for YOUR OWN BUILD, for that in Dragonica, there is no good or bad builds, and being unique will make you special. ^^
And ... I hate those people who just copy this whole chunk of text and say," look this is my guide !!!" . So for your information, please do not just copy and paste to somewhere else WITHOUT asking for my permission first.
Should I add how did I level? ... 5 days to Lv.30... I wonder.
A guide that I wrote on the main IAH Dragonica forum,
the original thread is Simple Hunter Build. - Dragonica Official Forum
There are some other stuffs there too.