View Single Post
04-20-2009   #48 (permalink)
WhatThePhuc
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper
In KL, there is no such thing as N>DPS with 1.5k+ STR For Myth!!!!
Fyi.
It's only our version that thinks you need gear and levels/be a certain class to have a high dee pee ess.
But in fact, it depends on your playing ability. The risks you take. The dodging, the flinching, the knockdowns, the combos.
Therefore a class/player/character cannot have a set DPS. The very idea of that is stupid. One round I played well, so my dps was 100000k. The other? Not so well. It was 0. So can that data be used for anything? NO!

In WoW you can calculate your hit% minus enemies evasion%, average hit damage, average skill damage, minus defence and resistances of your target, and come out with a set amount of DPS.
In Lunia? hit% is incalculable. Therefore DPS FAILS IN LUNIA. YOU CANNOT HAVE AN INCOMPLETE FORMULA AND SAY IT WORKS!
jumper, stop assuming things
no one ever said a character has a set dps
you're saying things that no one ever argued against
it's like you're saying "1+1=2", "the earth is round", "my favourite color is blue"
no one ever said it wasn't, so why are you saying these things?
stop spamming this thread

and btw, it is a complete formula:
damage divided by time
hit % IS calculable in lunia, too:
number of landed hits divided by number of attempted hits