View Single Post
04-20-2009   #31 (permalink)
WhatThePhuc
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKunoichi
This is probably why Jumper said its useless....
I know that it is good for Stage builds but for PvP??
This game is so PvP oriented and MYTH has ridiculous STR gear to the point to where this DPS calculation isn't necessary anymore.
pvp has alot to do with dps
especially if you know your opponent's exact hp lol
using dps calculation, u can plan out combo(s) and use the one(s) with the highest dps obviously
for example, dacy using aa autostep repeatedly for 20 seconds probably does more dps than say, using thunder candy against a tia in a 1v1 match (which in my experience usually does 0 dps)
figuring out what does more dps than what in different timeframes helps u plan your strategies

for myth and str bonuses, that's actually where dps calculation is very important
my dacy with only 1k str does more dps than my wiz, who has 2k str
but because most players don't know how to calculate dps, they think that more str = more dps, which is not always the case
if they actually took the time to figure out their dps, they'd realize that str is not the only thing that determines dps in myth