View Single Post
04-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
badna0
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles
Default badna0's Guide to Training Spots!!!

So since there's so many questions about places to change, and since Trickster's traditional training grounds are currently in a state of upheaval, I figured I'd try and compile all of them into one compact thread. I'll do my best to keep this updated.

W h y Train?
This may not be an obvious question to the old-time (grind heavy) tricksters, but its a valid one. Since a character can level primarily through quests, why even bother grinding?
  1. Grinding is slightly better for your TM level than doing keyquests.
  2. Grinding helps you level when you're out of quests.
  3. Grinding makes you money from mob drops, galders, etc.
  4. Grinding levels you faster than questing, provided you pick an optimal training spot/have a party/have adequate equipment.
  5. Grinding can be done in conjunction with questing - while training, pick up those annoying quest items!
C r i t e r i a for a good grind
  1. Good Spawn density. You don't want to run miles in order to get a kill, because that cuts into your experience. On the other hand, unless you're AoEing, you don't want the monsters to be too crammed, because you will take more damage = more pots used = more repots = more time not training.
  2. Close to repot. Most important for characters with a 1-2 in sense. If you run out of pots, it's a hassle to run 3-4 maps just to refill on elixirs. It's even more of a hassle when you have 3000 total weight and you have to do this every 5 mins.
  3. Weak monsters. a) Ideally all monsters on the map are weak to your damage type, which lets you train on the map at lower levels. b) You don't want monsters that do a whole lot of damage, banish, etc. b/c these things increase repot frequency/transportation.
  4. Size. In order to accommodate a 2.5 party, a map must be big enough for 6 people. Places like Phantom School bathroom may be large enough only for one party maximum, while Tap 1 can hold multiple ones.
  5. Loot. Some places give items that are worth a lot of money, can be used for quests, etc. etc. This is a nice perk of training in a spot.
  6. AFK location. Particularly important at higher levels, this allows your party members to stay in a party and in the field, and lets you have a high experience bonus while you train.
R u n n i n g your Party
  1. Always post to the bulletin board (P -> View -> "Recruit Members" -> Write if you have a party already and need more people) (P -> View -> "Party Request" -> Write if you don't currently have a party).
  2. Getting a party started is highly preferred as more people are willing to join if they see you've established a party first.
  3. Special (ie. a gender party) is in most cases easier to keep up than a Royal, and offers precisely the same benefits.

I've estimated level ranges... please check my responses, and correct me if I'm off on any of them.
w h e r e 2 G R I N D...

Numbers like "70-" mean below level 70, while "35+" means at least level 35.
Levels are suggestions based on (and sorted by) difficulty of mob. You may be able to train there earlier or later depending on the quality of your gear.
More extensive descriptions of each training spot are in the spoilers below each section.
a
* means i think the place is especially good for training in a party.
P. School 1f -- 35+ | 50-

Spoiler!

*Path to Oops -- 35+ | 70-

Spoiler!

Oops Wharf Field 2 -- 60+ | ~88-

Spoiler!

*Oops Wharf Field 4 -- 60+ | 84-

Spoiler!

Mermaid Palace 2 -- 60+ | 95-

Spoiler!

*Seabed 1 -- 60+ | 100-

Spoiler!

Seabed 4 -- 60+ | 100-

Spoiler!

P. School 2f Bathroom -- 60+ | 92-

Spoiler!

*P. School 2-2 -- 70+ | 94-

Spoiler!

Mermaid Dungeon 1 -- 70+ | 110-

Spoiler!

*P. School Annex -- 70+ | 123-

Spoiler!

P. School Machine Room -- ??+| ??-

Spoiler!

*Nora Sewer -- 70+ | 110-

Spoiler!

Mirage Island 1 -- 80+ | 110-

Spoiler!

Mirage Island 2 -- 80+ | 110-

Spoiler!

Mermaid Dungeon 2 -- 80+ | 110-

Spoiler!

*P. School Dungeon -- 90+| 220-
(several maps)
Spoiler!

Path to Snow Hill aka Bugbears -- 100+ | 170?-

Spoiler!

*Tap 1 -- 100+ | 289-

Spoiler!

Vamp Dungeon 4 -- 140+ | 170-

Spoiler!

*Tech 4 -- ??+ | ??-

Spoiler!

Karan Boss Trial 1 (Trench of the Dead) -- ??+ | ??-

Spoiler!

Count Blood Boss Trial 1 -- ??+ | ??-

Spoiler!

Count Blood Boss Trial 2 -- ??+ | ??-

Spoiler!

Snow Mines Closed Lot 1 -- 170?+ | 280?-

Spoiler!

Ice Dungeon 3 -- 170?+ | 280?-
no pretty picture... sorry.
Spoiler!

Last edited by badna0; 05-09-2009 at 12:32 PM.