View Single Post
02-12-2009   #90 (permalink)
m1s3ri
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Aren't GNG's global releases pretty much just to show off the game and see how people like it so that other publishers can pick it up if it looks promising?

And at level 20 on Wide Plain / Vigrid [19~22] I have to say there's only been a few bosses that were honestly hard to solo as a swordie. Then again, the game in general would be a ton harder if swordies didn't exists.

edit: made it to Velvet Valley / Hraundalur before server down!

Anyway, just in case anyone cares, my skills of choice for Swordsman would be ...

Throwing Sword [Defender] - 3 shots per level, wide, blocks bullets, does great damage. Can't slash while your sword is flying though.
Mangle [Defender] - I actually think this is the best defensive skill Swordsmen have, and as an added bonus it's a great way to kill mobs that come in from the bottom or any time you need your space.
Thrust [Knight] - hits in front and behind, and it's a bit wider than it looks. It's not particularly special but 6 shots per level is nice and it really helps your limited ranged repertoire.
Spirit Sword [Defender] - the only one I'm not sure about, but I really didn't find any of the other skills that great. This lets you get some extra firepower out without forcing you to aim.

Last edited by m1s3ri; 02-12-2009 at 02:05 AM.