View Single Post
02-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
Catharsis
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Netbooks: Yay or Nay?

So... Microsoft has been complaining that their decrease in revenue was due to the increasing trend towards netbooks instead of normal laptops. xD

For those who are not into tech news, Netbooks are like your typical laptops except that they have weaker specs (and usually much small and lighter bodies) but at a much lower price. They're not for heavy users, obviously, but people who just want a portable device to browse the web, type up a document or two, and chat with friends find this more to their liking.

Netbooks are anathema to gamers, of course (too weak), but if you just need something to take down notes in class or make a quick research, Netbooks are much more efficient... Especially since they cost as low as $300.

I'm planning to buy a cute little netbook from Asus. I can use it to surf the web and work with documents, but I'll probably need another machine for downloads, storage, gaming, and other hard-core stuff. Possibly just a desktop.

A popular upcoming model in tech review sites:

Asus eeepc-1000
10″ screen at 1280 720 screen resolution
Intel Atom 1.6GHz
WiFi 802.11n
Bluetooth 2.0
1 - 2 GB DDR RAM
1.3 MP webcam
20GB - 40GB SSD drive
Hi-definition Audio
6-cell battery (4.2 - 8 hrs)
1.33 kg
Windows XP or GNU Linux OS
95% of standard notebook keyboard size

$400-$500 USD

So are you guys ready to jump onto the netbook bandwagon?

Last edited by Catharsis; 02-05-2009 at 02:44 AM.