How will this work?
You are to PM the respective judge that will be confirming the match. Rawrs will be watching match 1 to 4. I will be watching match 5 to 8. PM one of is, the one who's judging your competition:
">Rawrs Hi. I'm contestant 2423."
We will respond by giving you the password to the room. Outside spectators are not allowed, and we ask that you do not invite your friends to "watch the match". 1 Match determines the game. The judges are there to check your stats and to make sure you follow the rules. Once the game has started, the Judge will leave. It is up to the two contestants to tell who wins.
The loser PMs me who won the match. In your PM Message, include the match name, the name of the winner, your number and his/her number, etc.
*Player A sends me a PM*
My Number: 7256
Player B (5427) won the match.
Note: You will not be PM'd anytime before the match: "Your match begins in ____ minutes". It is your responsibility to be on time.
Matches will take place on March, 7th, Saturday, 2009.
Match 1 - 4:00 PM EST
2423 vs 6550
Match 2 - 4:30 PM EST
8754 vs 2024
Match 3 - 5:00 PM EST
6202 vs 1750
Match 4 - 5:30 PM EST
4012 vs 6513
Match 5 - 6:00 PM EST
6732 vs 5465
Match 6 - 6:30 PM EST
0350 vs 4536
Match 7 - 7:00 PM EST
0143 vs 2440
Match 8 - 7:30 PM EST
0236 vs 8501
Some modifications have been made:
Only 16 people can enter now, no longer is it 32.
Auto has been allowed, since... DA's Air combo isn't an otto to the official forums.
Spots will no longer be filled on a "first-come, first serve" basis, but through a draw, done on the 27th.
Winning a match is now determined by one battle, not three. Rematches may be held only if a disconnection, rule violation, etc. happens.
Rawrs is now listed as a referee. I think kowiz wants to be one, but he never said anything. =<
Overall stat limit is now 1800 points, not 2400.
The maximum stat for any grade is now 1000. e.g., you can have 1000 attack, but not over 1000 attack. 8D
And soon, I will smash my number pad to determine contestant numbers for y'all.
Grand Chase Serdin Cup Tournament
Grand Chase Serdin Cup is a single elimination 1v1 PvP Tournament. Me, and several others, will monitor all the matches. Each round takes in a new different setting, requiring you to possibly use a different set of tactics to win. Anyone can join, and everyone has the ability to win.
How do I enter?
Reply to this thread with your In-game Character name, and time zone. Spots are filled up through a drawing method.
You will be PM’d with details of your match when spots have been filled, and your opponent has been chosen. The PM will include the map you’re playing in, your opponent, and the time it’s going to take place, in PST time.
PM me if you want to be a referee as well. You cannot be both, however.
Sign ups end on February 27/09. Any sign ups after that date will be ignored.
• Only 16 participants are allowed to enter
• The participants’ character choice must be at least Level 35
• The overall stat amount must be below 1800. (Example, 600 Attack, 600 Defense, 600 Vitality)
• The maximum stat for any grade is now 1000. e.g., you can have 1000 attack, but not over 1000 attack. 8D
• Single elimination tournament, by match; Matches are held in Free Class, Gorgos Server
• Pets attacks are enabled, set effects (such as Castle Lord) are disabled
• 1 Battle is done to determine the match
• A disconnection will forfeit the current battle. If the disconnected player does not return to the room within 10 minutes of leaving, the match, as a result, be forfeited
• Not showing up for a match counts as a loss. If neither participants shows up, then they both are disqualified, and the next contestant receives a bye
• Each match has a limit of 20 minutes, if the match does not end by then, both players are disqualified
• Hacking, using “Macro’s”, and any other 3rd party programs that will mod your game play are prohibited during this competition and will result in a disqualification if discovered
• All matches must be monitored by a chosen referee
• Autoshot is allowed during this tournament
• Violation of any listed tournament rules will result in disqualification
• Accidental Violations may result in a termination of the current battle, and have it redone
Information about each round will be updated in this post, so checking back to this thread is recommended. When you apply for the spot in the tournament, you’ll be receiving a tag with your contestant number on it.
e.g. Contestant 0721
Information about your opponent is then posted in the brackets.
e.g. Contestant 0721 vs. Contestant 0754
Brackets will be made when all spots are filled.
-Wind at your backs,
Grand Chase Knights
Round 1 - Day 1 (Saturday, February 7, 2009)
Match 1 - 5:00 PM EST
Match 2 - 5:30 PM EST
Match 3 - 6:00 PM EST
Match 4 - 6:30 PM EST
Match 5 - 7:00 PM EST
Match 6 - 7:30 PM EST
Match 8 - 8:00 PM EST