View Single Post
01-30-2009   #11 (permalink)
kuyaBaka
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
I'm thinking about ditching the Monkey-Ele combo. The two didn't really fit each other.
My main qualm with it is that the skill 'Elementalist Berserk' transforms you back into a monkey who can't cast magic. And since the spell gives you a nice +Magic Attack boost, it's really useless and fails compared to Dragon-Eles.
I take back what I said.
Remade mine 'cause of the 2X EXP, and I'm pretty fond of it -- in fact, I might replace my Healer for it. I absolutely love the AoE skill-patch I chose for it (Level Freeze and Thunderbolt to 2 to unlock Collapse and Icestrike).

Collapse has a 15 sec cooldown.
Icestrike has a 30 sec cooldown.
Compare that to the Bird-clan's skill: Meteor Storm (5 minute cooldown?).

That, and they're both pretty darn strong!

My tactic is to use my Beast-mode's skill, Screeching Monkey (lol), to lure mobs and weaken them. The range and quick cast make it nice and easy to get multiple targets. With beast-form's higher move speed, I bring them to a corner of a map, switch to human-form, quickly do a quick heal, then cast Collapse. I haven't gotten Icestrike yet, but I plan on utilizing it for dungeon-runs when a boss comes with plenty of minions (the HP and MP-drain that comes with it will be nifty if it doesn't help bring aggro towards the caster).

As far as other skills aside from the two AoEs, I haven't decided which road to take -- Ice or Wind. Rageflame looks nice for the same reason as Icestrike. Going the Wind-route gives me Thunder's Wrath that buffs my Magic Crits for 1 minute -- mighty nice for AoE. Or the Ice-route for another AoE -- Ice Vapor (although it has a 90 sec cooldown).

Also, I know I probably could have went Dragon for better magic-attack. Instead I opted for Monkey because of the evasion.
A robed mage evading attacks? Blasphemy!
I don't think of it as a strange combo, I think of it as a life saver.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!