Needs more cute stuff
Join Date: Dec 2008
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Notice: Files are generally uploaded within 48 hours of game update, even if the post hasn't been updated to indicate so.
- Error 12002
- XTrap Errors
- LaTale closes after channel select screen
- Patches and client downloads
- If you're still having problems
- Patch files download as PNG files
- Old info
XTrap is an anti-hacking program that potentially operates like a virus to keep your gaming safe. It will monitor your internet connection, current running programs and computer memory. If any of those has a suspicious behaviour, XTrap will immediately close the game and you will be prompted with a hacking detected message or some sort of error. There are two solutions that I will provide for these errors.
Find your XTrap folder and delete it. The game will now proceed to download a new version of XTrap and this may fix your problem.
This is a virus related solution. XTrap errors due to it believing you have malware on your computer. This means you will need to scan your computer. The simplest way to do this is to use the ESET online scanning tool found here: Free ESET Online Antivirus Scanner
Running XTrap on French Windows XP
Information is thanks to frederic09
(From this post
But careful, it's not an easy thing. Here's my tutorial to make xtrap working on french windows xp, but with some risks. I'll write in english and french.
LaTale closes after channel select screen
- means it applies to wireless
- means it applies to Ethernet connections
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
Lag can be caused by all sorts of things. Most commonly it is due to a poor connection, but can also be due to viruses. This procedure may help you find a way to play the game without lag.
- [Wi/LAN] You will need to ask yourself: "How far am I from the server? Physically." OGPlanet's servers are located in El Segundo, USA and Aeria Games' server is located in Berlin, Germany. If you are far away, there will be no solution, but only ways to decrease the lag.
- [Wi/LAN] You will need to check your connection speed. This can be done here: Speedtest.net (Choose San Francisco, CA for OGP. Choose a server in Germany for Aeria Games.)
Online games generally need a connection speed that is greater than 2mbit. I myself have a 10mbit connection, this translates to 1.1~1.2mb/s download speed, and I still find myself lagging sometimes. If your connection is greater than 2mbits, this isn't the problem.
- [Wi/LAN] Are you downloading anything? Make sure the game itself is the only program that is accessing the internet. See if this is causing any lag. If yes you may have a virus.
- [Wi/LAN] Try resetting your router/modem. After long periods of the time a router/modem can start to malfunction. Resetting the device every week is recommended. This will improve not only your experience, but also increase performance.
- [Wi/LAN] Skip if you don't like registry hacks - If all of the above are or are not your case. You can try using Shugi's Lag-Semi Fix. It's completely safe. That is if you follow instructions correctly. It can be found here: Lag Semi-Fix - /gg FTW!
- [Vista] Vista has a nasty feature in its wireless set up. It rescan for new networks every 5minutes or 30seconds depending on your system. There are a couple fixes for this, but the simplest fix with an interface is Vista Anti-Lag. This program can be downloaded here: Downloads (2011-11-21: I've mirrored this on my server since that site seems to be gone. You can find it here: Vista Anti-Lag.)
- [LAN] Another program that many have recommended is Ashampoo Internet Accelerator 2. This program optimizes connections and reduces lag. I don't know the specifics on this method and thus I don't recommend it, but if you still want to try it can be found here: Ashampoo Internet Accelerator 2
Client & Patches
Okay, I think I have a potential solution for all of you having this problem. Download the following file, but right click on the link and do save as
, because your browser will load it as a text file and it may save it incorrectly once it's loaded:
ATL File for LaTale
Now, save that file to your LaTale directory ( By default, C:\Games\OGP\La Tale ) and change the name to youraccountname.ATL
For example, if your account name is bobsyouruncle
, you would name the file bobsyouruncle.ATL
The file extension is always created as all capital letters, so don't change it to lowercase just in case it's important.
The ATL file is the file the game creates for each account you login to that stores the channel you last used. This is how the game does the automatic channel selection. It appears to be a simple text file, but I'm playing it safe here as we're experimenting. The above file will log you into channel 4. Reports are that you can use this file on another computer successfully.
I have tested and you can edit this file in a text editor and change the CHID=104
line to whatever channel you want, the last number is the channel, so if you want to go to channel 1 you'll make it CHID=101
Patch files download as PNG files
If I'm available, clients are uploaded within 48 hours of the patch date.
Download every file below and put it all into one folder, then launch LaTale from the OGP Launcher. If patching, download newest files only and put into existing LaTale folder.
Pre-requisite - You must already have a copy of the LaTale client from OGPlanet or some files MAY be missing.
It can be found here: La Tale @ OGPlanet
Patch (Hosting provided by Manabi
To download you must Right Click and choose Save as
Files are listed in the following format:
File - Upload Date (YYYY/MM/DD) - Download Link
Date color is RED
for the files changed on the last major update (including any emergency maintenance files). Date color is GREEN
for all other files.
Note: File dates indicate the last time the file was changed, for most files this will be the time I updated my client. For other files it'll be the date of the files in the installer. This is why some files have dates from 2006 or earlier.
Still Having Problems?
If these solutions or fixes didn't work for you, feel free to make a thread and someone or myself will be glad to help you.
From when Shugi managed the thread:
Hosting - Please thank Manabi for providing fast downloads!
Originally Posted by Shugi
Hi, I seriously need upload locations. Please post any that you know off with a ~500mb max upload size for file and somewhat easy to use storage.
I can give you some space on a subdomain of my domain on my server. No size limits, but you'll need to use FTP to access it. PM me if you're interested, I'll probably give you a subdomain like latale.animemaestro.com to host the files from.
Last edited by Manabi; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:49 AM.
Reason: 2014/02/13 OGP Update Added