- [H1] Why do we only learn buffs until almost third job?
- So I get this question a lot. "Why just learn buffs, when you can also learn uppercut pretty early on?" Well, I saw no real use for this. And honestly, for the purpose of this guide (see Warning ^), you'll be mostly using melee attacks. Why, then you may ask: "Oh, but Kyzuumi! I want to boss, I want to kill Tutankhamen and Tombeth!"
And like a wise teacher, I would respond: "Well, you get quad punch at TM 85, and Tut is quite easy to melee to death...". Still confused? Think uppercut > quad/tetra? That leads us to question number two...
- [H2] Why do you learn Tetra over Uppercut and Counter first?
- There's several reasons why. Basically, my build until 3rd job focuses on preparation for the third job trials and provides a good base for your third job (actually, I think my build is pretty nifty, not to toot my own horn).
But let's get down to numbers. Tetra punch has a lower cooldown than uppercut ANDANDAND it's more powerful. There's no point to sacrifice your buffs and such to learn both tetra punch and uppercut for the trials, zero zip nil. The trials are easy as a boxer - you will OHKO about everything, and I was stacking HP. So PLEASE, learn tetra punch. Don't ask me about uppercut. Tetra is well worth the wait. Believe me.
- [H3] Why are skills mastered so late?
- I'm a staunch believer that you should have a core skill base before you start mastering. I've never mastered a skill until right before third job trials before. What this does is it allows you to have all the tools you need for leveling - I mean come on, you don't really have to be hax to level up 130/120, especially now that most people *gasp* quest (or get powerleveled, *coughs*). So basically, to wrap it up, you don't really need to master skills until you got a good core down.
Just throwing it out there, if you mastered everything as soon as you got it, you wouldn't be able to learn a lot of the skills until much, much later in TM. Think about it, every 4-5 skills you master means you can't level even one high-level skill to 10 even. PLEASE, trust me on the masteries.
- [H4] So how long should I add bonus points a certain way? 3:1 AP WT forever? Just until Level 100? What's the deal?
- It's a judgment call. If you can afford to fund a myshop weight pouch, might as well just pump AP. Or if you're a weight junkie, you might go 1 WT and get a pouch anyway. It's what you think can gear, it's what you think you can fund. No one can answer this. I don't know how much money you have. I don't know what gear you already have. You have to decide this for yourself.
Last edited by Queen; 04-04-2012 at 08:58 AM.