View Single Post
11-11-2008   #5 (permalink)
Nihil679
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

I don't frickin' get it, why do people say Archrangers are SOOOOO much better than Crossbowmaidens in dungeoning now?

Archranger CONSTANTLY knock EVERYTHING down, it's HIGHLY annoying. Their jumping is mediocre for jump stages, I don't like it. Giant Bow attack might be great and at a higher rate than Crossbows, but do realize that ONLY THEIR THIRD BAR ACTUALLY CAUSES LOTS OF DAMAGE IN AOE RANGE.
Crossbows can easily use 1st bar (which has a longer frame than Giant Bow's first bar) for evasion, Hell I've used it to solo Samsara. I NEVER died against him, as opposed to so many Archranger.
Crossbow's 2nd bar can EASILY jump into a crowd and completely kill most of them. Archranger's 2nd bar? PvP. Range is short, and the skill doesn't even hit frequently, damage is mediocre.
3rd bars? Really. Even if Crossbows *usually* hit one monster, I've done it to where I've slammed two monsters quickly, completely eliminate their HP, and no, that was not a low level dungeon. Archranger? A strong Desecrate/weak Meteor with more explosions. It doesn't completely kill everything, just lowers their HP a lot. The range isn't even that great, just a few inches off your screen.

So don't start saying Crossbows fell out of their use, because Giant Bows are stupidly cumbersome contraptions that should stay in PvP. Jeeze, I hate it when you people say they're better. Some idiot even told me to use Giant Bow just because he states it's better.

As for the guide:
-Quick Shot can be used defensively. I've done it many times and end up killing people.
-When dashing/phasing through enemies, it helps to do a dash attack, especially when they're chasing you in a long map (Trial Forest or Forgotten City). I've actually won against a Ronan doing this with 1 life left.
-Divebombing's barrage of arrows does A LOT of stun if they can hit their mark. Although the arrows spread out quickly, the bottom layer of arrows can stun people in PvP or monsters in dungeons enough for the Harpy to slam into them. I've done it, and experienced it < <;;