View Single Post
11-10-2008   #27 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Senpai - OrangeJuice
Theme: Must demonstrate 'Robots'
Style: Soft / Dreamy
Alright, I have been deciding this for a long time and I actually came to a verdict (I was about to not even post, lol). Both have almost equal quantity of traits which make them decent and appealing. I was very undeceive about this due to the fact that they almost have different compositions (expect for the fact that they both used "missions"). They both look great and left my undecided so, I'm judging based on which follows the theme better:

Robots: Both won at this point. There was a visual robot and I can see both of them with ease.

Dreamy: To me, a dream is something that's happening but it isn't real. The laws of nature, logic and physics don't need to apply. Senpai has robots on the streets while a man is at the background. OrangeJuice had a lightbulb robot trying to plug itself. There could be many interpetations for this if I were to go through it methodically, but both won it here.

Soft: Here is where I differeniate from the two. When I see something soft, I think of smooth, gental surfaces erracticating with a glow, or areas where you see vivid boundaries come to a blurry intersection. OrangeJuice displayed softness around the lightbulb and around the left and right side. Senpai's sig had a lot of blur in the background and focus on the sig. Although too much softness can make it hard for your image to be visually seen, the softness displayed in Senpai's sig created an even more dreamy effect as in TV shows and some real dreams which gave the extra boost in the dream theme.

By a short margin of differences, I vote Senpai for this round.

---

Thanks for the comments (good and bad) everyone~

Last edited by k0n; 11-10-2008 at 02:07 PM.