The idea of this thread is to create a story one full sentence at a time.
How it works is simple, you write one line, then someone else writes a line, and together we create a unique story.
It could turn out to be anything from science fiction to a mystery to comedy to, well, anything.
Just have fun, be creative and use your imagination.
To keep things in order there are a few simple rules to follow.
Please read them before posting.
1. Before posting anything read ALL of the posts before yours so that you don't post something completely outside the story line or in conflict with the characters.
2. Each post should be a single sentence which continues the story from the earlier posts. Don't write multi-sentence paragraphs. Be reasonable about how long or complex your sentence is. This isn't about showing off, it's about writing a story. Very short sentences are welcome and encouraged if they make sense and contribute to the story.
3. Don't intentionally disrupt the story with randomness. Feel free to introduce new ideas, or characters, or settings, but keep it reasonable. Please don't randomly kill off characters, or introduce things that make no sense or are not connected to the story. If you throw in something too far outside the flow, I will respond with a post that recommends ignoring your contribution. We will simply skip over such disruptive posts as if they never existed.
4. This thread is open to everyone, long-time members, noobs, and everyone in between. Please respect everyone's contributions and don't get personal about who posted what. Everyone is welcome.
5. Be willing to go with the flow. The story will likely take unexpected turns, which is part of the point. It you had planned something to happen and someone else's post makes it impossible, think of something new, or come up with a way to turn the story back to where you thought it was going.
6. The characters, the setting, the entire story is SHARED by everyone. Everyone may introduce new things, or make an existing character do something new. Even if you introduce a new character, it does not belong to you. Anyone may step in and have them do things.
7. Be patient. Build the story slowly. Don't be in a rush to hurry the plot along. Take time to be descriptive. Take small steps, not sudden leaps.
8. No double posting. Once you have contributed a sentence, you need to wait for someone else to respond with their own before you can add another.
All right, now let's see if we have any creative writers out there. I hope at least a few people will be interested in joining in.
Here we go . . .
Jenny had allways been a smart girl,but for the first time in her life she had made a dreadful mistake.