View Single Post
07-08-2008   #1 (permalink)
DemiGodDanzig
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DemiGodDanzig
IGN: Danzig
Class: College
Guild: Debaters
Default Danzigs Trip To Indonesia

e,ive been postponing this thread for awhile,
and ive got nothing better to do so ill post!

its a journal/picture album btw,
so this will be a pretty big thread lul.
also,1 US dollar = 100000 RP,or rupiahs.
well,more like,9,456,but its rounded out that way.
hmm,so heres a quick summary of what i did in indonesia!

Week 1
I took a plane to las vegas,waited 3 hours,went to japan,waited 8 hours,then took a plane to indonesia.Total airtime was about,27 hours.Shit sucked.Tokyo was kool from what i saw,i was stuck in the airport.There was all these crazy avant-garde furniture everywhere,and the candy was great.but hella expensive.
hax.Allright,indonesia itself,lets see

We landed in Jakarta,and we stayed at my aunties house.Oh yah,i should explain something.Bathrooms are lame.Basically,a typical bathroom has this.

Cultural Fact #1

A small square tub,about,5 feet high,and 7 feet across.In it is water.You take it,and pour it on yourself to shower.On the floor.There is no tub for you to lie on,theres just a drain at the far end.And the water is hella cold.
Also,instead of toilets,most people have like,the part where you sit on,in the ground.So when u sit on it,your basically a few inches off the ground.I feel bad for the womanz.lul.

So yah,i took my freezing shower and slept.I woke up and we left on a 3 hour trip to bandung,where a ton of our relatives where at.We had a party,it was fun.All we really did this week was get used to our jetlag and eat and sleep.

Cultural Fact #2
people like to eat.they eat,alot.sometimes 4 or more times a day.whenever you go to visit a relative,they ask you to eat.and to refuse is a sign of disrespect.so basicaly,even if you ate 2 hours again,you gotta eat.;o;
also,indonesians love their snacks.Almost every family have 3 or more containers containing chips or other assortment of snacks.and when i say snacks,i mean,chips or fruit or etc.its not fatty snack like we have,just,dried stuff.some of it are pretty good,others,not so.
So basically,a typical day was,eat breakfast,visit someone,eat,go home,eat lunch,eat snacks,go out to eat,and then,maybe eat a late dinner.
;o;
The funny thing is,i have seen maybe,5 or so fat indonesians.and even then,theyre not so fat.i lost 5 pounds somehow here.

Cultural Fact #3
Most meals contain 3 staple things.
Rice,chicken,and fresh vegetables
There is always rice,no matter what,except for a few things rice doesnt go good with of course.
Theres white rice,fried rice,yellow rice,red rice,and rice in little rolls.
There is almost always fried chicken.i dont know why,but we indonesians sure love our fried chicken.and i cant blame em,shits hax.
theres also great organic vegetables,like lettuce,tomatoes,cucumbers,etc.
i think thats how we stay thin lul.
but,yah,theres almost always rice,chicken,and vegtables.
then theres an assortment of sea food,beef,and other cuisines in the area.
thats what we typically eat every day /=

allright,so thats how week one was.

Week 2
allright,in week 2 i ventured out into the crazy town of bandung with my cousin.we rode around everywhere,visited malls,and bought bootleg dvds.

Cultural Fact #4
Indonesias main form of transportation is a taxi van,or motorcycles.There are more motorcycles on the road then cars most of the times.Driving around is crazy,everyone drives fast,motorcycles zoom inbetween rushing cars,its mayhem.yet,i have never seen an accident,accidents almost never happen.Ive asked around,its rare.its crazy,if you see it,you'd think people get into car accidents every day.
The other main form of transportation is a van taxi.Its basically a van modified to hold about 10 or more people at a time.The inside is basically emptied out,and in the left and right sides are small benches.You pay about 1500RP for every trip.Theres hundreds of vans everywhere,and they each have thier own specific route.its real easy to get lost if you dont pay attention

so,anyway i bought a shatload of anime dvds here,each disk contains 20-50 episodes each,and the quality is good on most.the rest have youtubish quality.I also bought a bunch of pirated movies 8D.They also have movie compilations,basically,3 or more movies in one.If they are actuall dvds,it contains everything a normal dvd would have,special features,audio,etc.its pretty hax.Dvds range from about 5000-6000RP.A great deal.I also bought a few ps2 games,4 for about 7000rp each.I also found this hax DS rom emulator thing.You save roms into it and put it in your DS,and bam,free games.Its a 2gb data thing,and it costed 540000,or roughly 54 bucks.A great investment.
Well,week 2 is where we did our shopping and visiting more relatives.
true fact,i have a 98 year old great grandmother.i was like,woah.

Week 3
well,here we went to the mountains with our cousins.It was basically a loooong ass hiking trip just for a 2 hour picnic.Our journey took place at the bottom of the moutains.the view was great.i took pictures,ill post em soon.anyway,we started hiking,and we visited caves.well,not exactly caves

Cultural Fact #5
well,these caves were man made by the japanese.it was during world war 2.basically,the japanese captured indonesians and put them to work digging caves in the mountains.these moutains were secluded and away from everyone else,so not many people found out.these caves were huge and intricate and deep.Also,on the other side of the mountains,the dutch did the same thing long ago.but these caves were less impressive and smaller.

so we continued our hike,it was a looong and grueling hike,about 3 hours of straight walking up and down rough rocky roads.lol.but yah,it was long.we finally got to our destination,this nice view on top of the mountain,on the side is a big waterfall,the view was great.worth it?idunno.then we hiked back home,it was exhausting,but interesting nonetheless.About the end of the week,we planned our trip to the beach,pandalarang,or something like that.

Final Week
Well,we took a 3 hour busride there,to pandalarang.Its a nice beach,we rented atvs,and bikes and rode around and swam.In the west part of the island,is like this rainforest.We took a boat there.The island near it is called white beach,or something.The water is so clear and the sand so white.after abit of splashing around,we ventured into the rainforest.it was filled with monkeys,deer,caves,basically,nature is preserved there.Its really cool.We got to feed deers,and monkeys.Monkeys come out of no where man,once,a monkey jumped on me,scared the shit outta me lol.we got a tour guide and he showed us around all these caves and sites.it was really cool.we stayed there for 2 full days before going home.upon arrival,my uncle invited us to go to his beach house,which we said sure.his house got so much better.theres this huuge pond in there,a garden,and a big fishing pool.we visited 2 years ago,and it was just dirt fields and a pond.oh yah,my uncle has 1 big fishing boat,a yacht i think its called,1 jetboat,or whatever,and 2 jetskis.rich as hell.
he invited us to go night fishing,which we accepted.we waited until it was dark and we were off.we drove around for 2 hours or so before settlling down to fish.it was fun,caught 3 big ones,and 4 small ones.at night,we saw schools of jellyfish and a bunch of squids.i got abit sea sick after 4 or so hours,so i went to sleep.when i woke up,my uncle told me to drive the freaken thing home.i admit,i was scared as ****.drive this huge ass boat home?i was nervous,but,after an hour or so of driving in a snake pattern,i figured out how to drive straight and went home.we ate,then went out to sea again.this time,me on a jetski.jetskis are hella fast man,i rode with my aunt in the begining,then rode solo.it was great.on the way back,i got to drive the jetboat back.that was freaken scary as hell.he made me drive it full speed home!that was about 100 miles per hour if my memory served correct.man,my cousin cackled around me while i tried to drive as safely as possible.but,we made it home safely.We went home then,enjoyed more time with cousins,ate,and then,prepared to leave

The Ride Home

well,we took a plane to japan again,but we got stopped in seoul,south korea.
stayed there for 8 hours while they searched our plane for something.thats where i rented a laptop and learned of all the drama of MT,and joined MOG.then we went to tokyo,stayed an hour,left to LA,stayed an hour,then yay,home to texas!
and...thats it i think
GD that took awhile to right.
next post is gonna be random facts about indonesia,and the rest pics of my journey.i gots about,80 or so good pics,so,yah.