View Single Post
06-18-2008   #1 (permalink)
Sodacan
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan
Default Your HP Charm and You

This is a guide for pure HP Charm type characters. "Why would I go pure HP?" you ask? Pure HP, although difficult to train sometimes, is an excellent character type for GvG, PvP, and PvM.

Reasons to go pure HP:

Raccoons and Hybrid Cats:
Bodyguard - With this you can take damage for your team in GvG and still survive all those hits.
Impelling Rage/Power Charging - Both can be pretty powerful if you have enough HP (15K or more) and are in melee range of the enemy.

Cats and Hybrid Raccoons:
Siren Song - A decent HP and DP based AoE skill. Not as good as Imeplling Rage or Power charging, but good for finishing things off.
Sumo Suit - I don't know for sure, but apparently Sumo Suit can be a deadly combination with a pure HP character. In theory, it is a very good combo, but I have yet to see it myself.

Comparisons to other Charm builds:

Pure HP and pure AP:
There really isn't that much of a difference here, besides the amount of AP. I've heard people say pure HP Charms die faster than pure AP Charms. This is very wrong. A pure HP character has no more base HV and DP than a pure AP character. However, pure HP obviously has more HP, letting it last longer.

Pure HP and pure HV:
Again, there isn't that much of a difference here. Both types can take a lot hits, but in different ways. Pure HV is rarely hit by physical attacks while pure HP is hit often by physical attacks; pure HP would die first. Against magic (Mana Reflector not being inculded), pure HV would die first. HV is factored into Sumo and Mana Reflector, and also is a factor in a lot of offensive skills for Charm types. Technically, pure HV is the better build, but a pure HP charm with HV equipment can be nearly or equally as good.

Builds for pure HP:

4114 - basic build for all Charms
This is the ultimate build for training. You've got good AP and AC so training with elemental equipment won't be so bad. Your WT and LK are low, so you have to be sparing with your potions.

3124 - another basic build
Pretty much the same as the previous build. My HP Raccoon is 3124. The extra WT lets you stay in field long and your damage (using elements or not) doesn't suffer that much. You also have more LK, helping against magic and with compounding. I recommend this build.

1144 - recommended for Pure Raccoons
This is a great GvG guild for Gamblers. You've lots of WT so you can carry a lot of potions. You also have lots of LK to improve the success rate of Full House. Basically, your job would be to take hits and just spam Full House and Power Charging while your team does the rest of the work. Training would be very tough, but it is possible. My Raccoon had this build for 126 levels before I switched to 3124.

Those are the recommended builds for HP Charms. Choose depending on what you want. All are good builds for PvP and GvG. Only 1144 is a pain in PvM.

The Skill Build:

This is part is mostly based on what you want. The order listed is my recommendation. You do not have to follow this. If you are patient, or can pwer level your character, do not get Power Blow or Galder Throw.

Raccoons:

During first job:
Power Blow - Master - 12 TM points used (Optional and not recommended.)
Dodge Master - Master - 12 TM points used
Sturdy Shield - Master - 13 TM points used

Total points used: 25 (37 with Power Blow)

After getting second job:
Card Strike - Level 10/Master - 11/13 TM points used (Master it if you will use it for training. If you are using elements, get it to level 10 for One Pair)
Super Hips - Passive (no level) - 5 TM points used
Mana Reflector - Master - 13 TM points used
Bodyguard - Master - 14 TM points used
Shield All - Master - 15 TM points used
Impelling Rage - Master - 16 TM points used
One Pair - Master - 15 TM points used
Skunk Pouch - Master - 15 TM points used
Physical Training - Master - 13 TM points used

Total points used: 142/144 (164/166 with Power Blow.)

Now it's time to choose your third job. If you are 1144, I highly suggest you pick Gambler (Pure). Hybrid is also a good choice because it lets you get second job Cat skills. I'm Hybrid myself and I love it.

Gambler (Pure):
Power Charging - Master - 16 TM points used
Full House - Master - 16 TM points used

Total points used: 174/176 (186/188 with Power Blow)

Duke (Hybrid):
Volley Kick - Master - 12 TM points used (Optional. Highly recommended if you train with HV equipment. Stronger than Card Strike. Will be included in TM point count because it's that awesome.)
Siren Song - Master - 15 TM points used
Sumo Suit - Master - 17 TM points used

Total points used: 186/188 including Volley Kick (198/200 with Powerl Blow)

There are some other skills you may want to consider that I didn't include in the build. Like Team Bolster (Hybrid only) and Flux Capacitor (may or may not be useful).

For Cats:

During first job:
Power Blow - Master - 12 TM points used (Optional and not recommended.)
Dodge Master - Master - 12 TM points used
Sturdy Shield - Master - 13 TM points used

Total points used: 25 (37 with Power Blow)

After getting second job:
Volley Kick - Master - 12 TM points used (Optional. Highly recommended if you train with HV equipment. Stronger than Card Strike. Will be included in TM point count because it's that awesome.)
Mana Reflector - Master - 13 TM points used
Shield All - Master - 15 TM points used
Skunk Pouch - Master - 15 TM points used
Physical Training - Master - 13 TM points used
Siren Song - Master - 15 TM points used
Sumo Suit - Master - 17 TM points used

Total points used: 125 (137 with Power Blow)

Now it's time to choose your third job. I highly recommend you go Hybrid because there HP based skills, but Pure may get some HP skills so if you want to wait and see you can choose Pure. We don't know what skills Pure may get, but Hybrid is the best choice right now for HP Cats.

Primadonna (Pure):
2 Hit Combo - Master - 16 TM points used
Entrancing Wink - Master - 17 TM points used

Total points used: 158 (170 with Power Blow)

Diva (Hybrid):
Card Strike - Level 10 - 11 TM points used
Super Hips - Passive (no level) - 5 TM points used
Bodyguard - Master - 14 TM points used
Impelling Rage - Master - 16 TM points used
One Pair - Master - 15 TM points used

Total points used: 186 (198 with Power Blow)

There are some other skills you may want to consider that I didn't include in the build. Like Team Bolster and Flux Capacitor (Hybrid only. May or may not be useful).