Procrastination doesn't hurt me as much anymore. This is how I procrastinate and if you can develop this, you will be fine in getting your work done.
1. I read the assignment that day it is assigned.
2. I think about the assignment throughout the day and try to find out how I would go about it. This way I will have a mental image of the layout I will achieve.
3. Then I go about the assignment 1 or 2 days before it is due.
4. I start on it 1-3 hours (depending how long the assignment is) and then take a break.
6. Then it should be clear to you what you need to do.
Procrastination is only shown when you don't know what to do on that assignment. If you were clear on what was needed and how to go about it, you wouldn't be procrastinating.