View Single Post
08-31-2007   #7 (permalink)
Mitchi
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

UPDATE:

I was over at a friend's house, and while he was asleep, he let me use his computer to play Lunia.

So I plug in my controller and try to start playing (after adding in my modified files to tweak my gamepad) and I realized some things that were horribly wrong:

1.) I still did an accidental dash when tapping a directional button once. This is BAD for a healer, it throws off our aim.

2.) my button 1, which was my Moon pieces did not fire my skill, instead, made me do a regular attack.

3.) When i pressed a diagonal on my controller, it stuck, causing me to walk continuously in that direction.

I isolated the sources of the problems, and these are the fixes I found.

PROBLEM 1: ACCIDENTAL DASH
Cause: Program (Lunia) is detecting 2 inputs each time you press a directional button, and therefore, it thinks you pressed said button twice. The result is a dash.

Solution: The solution is really simple: Turn off the arrow buttons on the Dpad on your emulator. Do not turn off the Dpad itself.

While this is easy with Xpadder and Joytokey, it will not be possible with the default software to keyboard emulators such as the one that comes with the Game Elements controllers (including the Recoil).

This is when Emulator profiles come in VERY handy.

PROBLEM 2: HOTKEYED SKILL NOT WORKING
Cause: Same as above, double input. However, this will vary between systems, and may not require a fix unless it gets out of hand.

Solution: Go into the following files:
Default_KeyInput_All
KeyInput_LuniaClient
KeyInput_LuniaSquare

WARNING
Always back up the files before modifying them. Always. there's always that chance you'll mess up what you're doing (i did the first time).

You'll need to change the code around. If your problem is that Button 1 (Triangle (PS), Y (Gamecube), or Y (Yellow(Xbox))) Does not fire a skill if that is what you want it to do, you need to change this:

Quote:
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_1" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="K_INPUT A pressed"/>
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_1" Ext="None" Phase="Released" Group="General" CommandLine="K_INPUT A released"/>
with this:

Quote:
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_1" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="UI_INPUT SelectJoypadSkill"/>
doing this will unbind button 1 from being your A attack. Feel free to then change it to whatever you like in your emulator.

PROBLEM 3: PERPETUAL WALKING FROM TAPPING DIAGONAL
Cause: unknown

Solution: It fixed itself when I solved problem 1. Maybe they're related?

---

For those who don't want to Download XxVX2xX's file:

This is not meant to steal credit from XxVX2xX, it is merely for those who don't want to download something that they have no clue if it's safe or not. Rest assured, I downloaded it, and it's perfectly fine, but this is for the cautious.

To unbind the start and select buttons:

First, MAKE BACKUP COPIES of the following files:

Default_KeyInput_All
KeyInput_LuniaClient
KeyInput_LuniaSquare

You will be altering these. If you mess up something, your gamepad might not even work in Lunia. That's what happened the first time I tried to edit the files, and I'm glad I had backup copies.

The code he changed in his files was such:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Default original
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_9" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="UI_INPUT Inventory"/>
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_10" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="UI_INPUT MagicInfo"/>
He replaced it with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVX2xX's edit
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_9" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="UI_INPUT QuickSlot 9" />
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_10" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="UI_INPUT QuickSlot 0" />
This will change your button 9 (usually Select) from opening skills to activating hotkey 9, and Button 10 (usually Start) will now be Hotkey 0.

I personally changed mine to 8 and 9, but this is up to you.

If anyone needs their default battle keys changed, let me know. It's really easy to figure out how to change, but I'm, here to help if anyone needs it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Default Attack buttons
A attack is Button 1 (Triangle (PS), Y (Gamecube), or Y (Yellow(Xbox))),

B (or S) Attack is Button 2 (O (PS), X (game cube), or B (Red(Xbox))),

DOWNATTACK (or space) button 3 (X (PS), A (Gamecube), or A (green(Xbox)))

I hope this was helpful.

Much <3 to all my fellow Gamepad users.