View Single Post
07-02-2008   #1 (permalink)
PedroRomero
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore
Default Gacha Addict? I don't get it...

I just don't understand how people could spend so much money on gacha. If you all know me then you know i'm a Prince Stephano fan (his biggest fan ) and I've wanted the Stephano pet since I saw it some time last year. anyway we got the new gacha and it was Stephano and of course i foamed at the mouth and I had 16 free gacha coins saved up from all those times I didn't care to do gacha. And I used them-- and i got various things including a marie elle pet. Naturally I was crestfallen but now it's been... uh maybe two months since the release of the town and I still want stephano but I haven't gotten him yet because i don't have the heart to recharge to buy gacha coins...

I see it like this-- the chance of me getting stephano is pretty slim. Why would i waste 20 dolalrs and get a bunch of useless junk and not get the object i'm searching for.

Yet on the other hand i know people who have spent hundreds on gacha looking for a pet and never got it. I just don't see the point or gratification in it.

I DO want that pet. i really do. and when i see someone in game with it I always get a little sad and angry and have to leave the area they're in. But... is it worth spending hundreds on it? I don't think so--

So I'm about to go now and charge 20 dollars. but I don't know if it's gonna go all into gacha when I could buy PPADs and such. and KNOW what i'm getting and know that the thing i'm getting is something i actually want.

tl;dr version:
So my question and the reason for this thread is: Why do you keep buying gacha? Have you ever spent tons on a town? What was your motivation?

Last edited by PedroRomero; 07-02-2008 at 01:12 PM.